Home

NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

This is a discussion on NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 AM   #81
Pro

Speedy_Bronco's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K13: Five Not So Obvious Teams to Look Forward To

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouYorkCity
Enjoy the billboards while it lasts lol. Ask any real New Yorker. Knicks is and will always be NY's team.
I live in NY and i can say this with 100% confidence. If the knicks start losing, and the nets are doing well. Guess what? Knicks fans will start shifting to the nets. Ny sports fans are the most fickle people on earth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 02:15 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
Denver will be nice to play with they finally have finisher at the SG position that can run with Lawson in Iggy. Iggy will fit in perfectly with this team because he can set Gallo and other players up and they play a fast paced style.

Yeah Denver is going to be a fun team to play with forsure
Old 09-01-2012, 02:59 AM   #83
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpenias
Knicks only adv. is Melo, and that's not exactly a blowout. He got skills but is a proven loser.
Melo has made it as far in the playoff as anybody on the net and has a NCAA chip, Can you please tell me what have anybody on the nets roster ever won....................................

Last edited by Scramz718; 09-01-2012 at 03:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #84
Rookie

TheBrooklynBaller's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
I make New York look bad? haha.

You just proved to be a typical "championship" follower. You know nothing about reppin your town win or lose.. you root for anybody who wins and down talk those who don't.

YOU make New Yorkers look bad.

Chicago fan?? lmao.

Lemme guess you a Giant and Yankee fan but hate the NYK?? Yep I know.

you're ****** *** will go to the parade if they win though talkin bout "Yeah, NY Baby !!" Lmao.

Shut up you lame "I can't win in life so ima ride the next towns team to enjoy some type of victory" *** herb.
Yankees fan since i was born (Mattingly my all time fav), Jets fan since Ken O'Brien and Rangers fan. So if i was a bandwagoner I woulda been a Giants fan but no I hate them... Just like I hate the Mets, Devils and Islanders and lames like you. I'm sure your one of those fair weather lames who roots for whoever is doing good... I'm sure you rooted for the Nets when they made two chip appearances too. Stupid lame. But really didn't I tell you to run along with the other broads... You a bird... And nobody cares about those underachieving bum Knicks. Hahahaa Dont be MAD son... Jealousy and envy is a chick trait.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Enjoy the billboards while it lasts lol. Ask any real New Yorker. Knicks is and will always be NY's team.
New York can have the Knicks. The fact is though, with the Nets in New York ... we ain't there to play, we are there to take over. The NETS will always be New Jersey's team.

The only reason people will actually use the New York Knicks in NBA 2K13 online is because of their popularity. Knicks have a lot of fans. Guess what though ... Fans can't win you games. Players, Front Office Management, the decision making - categories that the Knicks have been notoriously known to be feeble.

The 'Melo-Drama' was started by Mikhail Prokorhov as a tactic to destroy the Knicks. Either way, if the Nets did or did not obtain Carmelo Anthony in the trade with Denver, the Knicks would be second fiddle to the Nets, no matter what cost. He should be commended for his strategic approach, because it was a 'Heads I Win, Tails you Lose' situation. The entire scenario played out, Knicks lost a lot of good players, sacrificed a lot to acquire Melo. Shoe on the other foot now - if the Nets did infact obtain Melo ... our roster would look like this:

1) Chauncey Billups
2) Rip Hamilton
3) Carmelo Anthony
4) Kris Humphries
5) Brook Lopez

Look how jacked our roster would be, Billups chemistry with Rip and Melo. Kris Humphries had a break out year that season and Brook Lopez a 20 PPG scorer. High octane. You guys were able to pull through with Chandler, but your future isn't very bright now that the Nets have another All Star in their squad in Joe Johnson.

Need I say more? No. Nets are taking over New York. In NBA 2K13, you will see ... whether it be a couple of weeks of roster updates (because I am not expecting out of the box Nets higher than Knicks for obvious reasons) but just expect the Nets with a higher overall to reflect the season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #86
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
The Nets look a lot better than the Knicks right now, that is certain. Our bench depth is superb. MarShon, Keith Bogans, Mirza (3 point shooter), CJ Watson, Jerry Stackhouse who is a veteran presence. Only weak flaw to our bench has to be Reggie Evans, a little downgrade from Shelden Williams but he is still a good player. It is what it is though and that is your opinion. Nets are taking over the East.
Lol...you're being quite the homer right now...

Wake up son!!! The nets added a declining joe Johnson with a ridiculous contract. The Knicks added to there weak bench and have a very solid bench now...and I'm saying this as a Knick *****. Quit being a homer and realize you will win about 37 gms this year
Old 09-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
I don't doubt you at all, I know they had injuries but even when healthy, I don't see them as a threat simply because of their depth.

I honestly think that your bench last year was slightly better than this year as of now.,

2011-12..................2012-13
Farmar, Gaines............CJ Watson, Taylor - Toss up (Taylor is unproven)
Morrow, Deshawn..... Brooks, Stackhouse - Toss up
Green, D.James......... Bogans, ??? - 2011-12
Shelden, J.Williams..... Teletovic, Evans - Toss up (depending on how good the rookie is)
J.Petro............................????? - 2011-12

As you can see, they really didn't get better as far as depth. I see the Nets battling for the 6-7th seed honestly.

1.Miami
2.Boston/NY
3.NY/Boston
4.Indiana
5.Philly
6.Chicago/Brooklyn
7.Brooklyn/Chicago
8.Washington/Atlanta/Milwaukee
No way new York finishes ahead of Boston or Indiana the latter are both better teams.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
You kiddin me? Gerald Wallace will shut Melo down 1v1. No need to double team Melo, because we have CRASH. He plays 100% on the court, giving it his all. Stat will get punked by Humphries - did you not see Hump last season? He is an underrated blocker, crashes the boards effectively, improved his midrange shot drastically. What did Stat do? He hit a damn Fire Extinguisher. I haven't heard anything about Stat all last season. He's lethargic now.

Deron Williams and Joe Johnson are going to rip the Knicks apart. It is the Kidd-era all over again ...
Ignorance is bliss

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »