Home

Crowd Detail and Reactions

This is a discussion on Crowd Detail and Reactions within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-28-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Crowd Detail and Reactions

Year by year, the crowds of NBA 2k have been disappointing. The colored shirts were a nice addition but everything else lacks. I think the crowd defines the atmosphere of the arena and they have to improve on it significantly. Though the way the crowd "sounds" is what concerns the people the most, to me it's the animations.

The fans are so unorganized. They all do animations randomly as if there was no point to it; making it seem like it's just people put in there doing nothing while the cheering sounds try to make you think that they're responding. They really need to fix up the animation timing for the crowd.

Some of the things they need to do are:
- make the crowd clap or stand up and clap when the home team scores
- make the crowd stand up all nervous when it's in the last minutes of fourth quarter and not just wave their towels even when there is no point
- when someone form the home team hits a clutch shot, all the crowd should put their hands up together.

simple things like this will clean up the crowd and make it better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Crowd Detail and Reactions

They need to add away fans in the stands of home teams and fix the jerseys the crowd wears. They don't even have names or numbers on them! It would also be cool if the signs they held up actually had something on it bedsides the teams logo. Like I said In a previous thread, 2k has the worst art team in the gaming industry. They can't get jerseys to fit or pants, and their crowd sucks. This is the only thing about live that's better than 2k, PRESENTATION.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #3
Rookie

to be fair i don't notice the crowd when i'm playing basketball. i enjoy hearing them for atmosphere, but visually i don't make sure the stitching on there clothes to make sure it's with the current home team...

more pressing issues with the game than this, doesn't deserve it's own topic tbh.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:25 AM   #4
Banned

they need to fix dynamic crowd. celtics vs bobcats should not be 90% full.
-when a team is blowing out the other team, crowd should start to leave especially if it's the away team losing.
-crowd shouldn't be as loud during the 2nd/3rd quarter vs the 4th unless they go on some type of run.
-when the home team is making a comeback/run crowd should be pretty loud
-when playing against rivals a la celtics vs lakers, etc the crowd should be pumped up in the for a few minutes in the 1st going crazy then make it die down a little.
-crowd should be quiet when home team is shooting clutch free throws
-should hear boos for the away team in clutch free throw situations
-crowds should have oo's and aa's
Old 08-28-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Been saying for 3 years now that the crowd AI and crowd sound in NBA2K is the worst part of the games presentation.

NBA Live 10 has the best crowd AI and sound in a basketball game ever. They captured real arena audio from multiple NBA arenas and it translated into a perfect crowd presentation.

I'm hopeful that NBA2K was able to improve the crowd Audio and AI for NBA2K13. It's been pretty poor, for the last several years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #6
Rookie

I don't really care about the crowd. It would be nice, but I think they have other things they can spend more time on that would add to the game more.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't know bout you but to me, other than the commentary, the crowd is next biggest presentation. It basically is there for the whole 20-48 minutes you are playing. It gets you hyped and it makes everything better for me. Atmosphere is a big thing
Old 08-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I think they need to at least make the whole crowd jump at once when you hit a clutch shot.

NFL: Browns
NBA: Cavaliers
MLB: Indians
NHL: Blue Jackets

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »