Home

NBA 2k13 My Player: Ironing Out The Kinks

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 My Player: Ironing Out The Kinks within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2012, 03:22 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
NBA 2k13 My Player: Ironing Out The Kinks

Ive always been a big "my player" fan as well as many others here, but its obvious that there are a couple short-comings that are holding the mode back. Those being the idiotic a.i, minimal customization and online exploits ( think "crew mode giants").

I think the A.I is a product of the mode it self. After the combine of 2k10, there was a noticeable drop off in the a.i in my opinion because in all honesty most people care. The average gamer only cares that the a.i is able to pass them the ball, play defense and score when the opportunity for an assist presents it self. That said, there are a vast number of us who actually want the a.i to be competent and want a full experience; I think there is room for the both of us. I have a few suggestions that i think would resolve this issue, and the aforementioned as well. For all i know the great developers at 2k have implemented these or something better into 2k13, but hey, I'll bounce the ideas around any way.

What I would suggest is that upon entering the mode there is an option to choose whether the mode is online (Crew or any similar extension) or offline. If the mode is online, then the files are saved on the server to prevent tampering and exploits. If offline the user is free to customize everything from sliders and tendencies to the inclusion of the Draft Combine and/or Summer League and the length of each.

When a player chooses online he can still customize his experience by choosing the difficulty. If he chooses Pro for example, then he skips past the draft combine and the such and gets to the NBA with minimal delay. He also has CPU teammates that are focused on giving him the ball, a team that quickly makes him the priority, and is free to stat-pad to his hearts content. The trade off however is because of this fast track, he will receive less skill points for his actions.

Hall of Fame however would include a completely realistic experience that would emulate the grind and steps of making it to the NBA and the work required. The pay off would be bigger skill point bonuses for smaller feats since they would be much harder to accomplish compared to lower difficulties.

The levels between would obviously have an climbing number of pre-NBA games to keep the mode flexible.

This differentiation allows the developers to maximize A.I and keep from alienating the crowd who could care less about running plays or working their way to the top.

The escalating scale of points keeps thing balanced so no matter what path you choose you are afforded a level playing field.

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
MVP

Re: NBA 2k13 My Player: Ironing Out The Kinks

Lol, i guess it wasn't as good an idea as i hoped. *que Price is Right loser theme*
Old 08-23-2012, 12:10 AM   #3
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

its probably late where some live. this idea doesnt sound bad. either our teammates need to play the cpu or the cpu play like our teammates
Old 08-23-2012, 12:29 AM   #4
MVP

im sure it is too lates for 13. you're right. just throwing an idea around honestly.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
im sure it is too lates for 13. you're right. just throwing an idea around honestly.

you have the right idea going if someone wants to learn the game or ball hog a lot they should play on pro they shouldnt have to skip the combine because those other guys are going to get drafted our players are the ones who need to make impacts. on hall of fame i just want my teammates to be on the same level as the cpu its really sad how much difference it is between the two
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2012, 02:06 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

My favorite mode but honestly the thing that still irks me the most is the fact that you can't simulate ALL games if you want. I hated having to play 20+ key games a season. I never got passed like my 5th season which is a shame because it's my favorite mode. They better fix that this year or it's going to be a chore once again.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:55 AM   #7
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I want to play a MP where I don't have to be the franchise player. I want to be able to be the 3rd or 4th scoring option and just heavily focus on defending. I want my player to be like Shane Battier or MKG. I don't know about you guys but I want to contribute to my team not by dropping 50+ points, but by doing the little things, such as hustle plays, getting those 50/50 balls, those type of plays that don't really translate to the box score. I want my A.I team-mates to overshadow me (as long as we get the "W" ofcourse ...).
Old 08-23-2012, 03:57 AM   #8
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
My favorite mode but honestly the thing that still irks me the most is the fact that you can't simulate ALL games if you want. I hated having to play 20+ key games a season. I never got passed like my 5th season which is a shame because it's my favorite mode. They better fix that this year or it's going to be a chore once again.
I've been begging 2k to put this in for years now:
Please give us the option to select the amount of games played per season (14, 29, 56, 82) just like in Association Mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »