Home

Operation Sports 2k Youtube Channel?

This is a discussion on Operation Sports 2k Youtube Channel? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 07-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #1
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Operation Sports 2k Youtube Channel?

Ok, after reading some comments stemming from some posters, it seems Youtube is where you gain a lot of "community respect". Now I visit other forums and view videos of others but it seemed like the Operation Sports' posters weren't on the lists of the "respected".

Why is that? What separates "us and them"? I go into our slider forum and our guys have some excellent sets. I go into the roster forum and those guys churn out great things. I read through the help threads and guys give great tips.

The only thing that separates us and them is Youtube. Those guys are using social media to the fullest extent and are getting rewarded for it. In my opinion, we have guys that could do the same thing or even better right here on OS. So why not try?

Now this channel wouldn't be to take away from the OS traffic as we would have comments disabled and a link to OS for comments. That way OS still gets its traffic and it'll bring us a little closer to the viewers as it'll be easier to respond to things. It'll also keep the interactions professional for the most part.

But the only way we could get this to work is with a strong team. You don't have to be the best 2k player in the world, you just have to be dedicated to what you do.

Obviously, we'll open this up to any member of OS but if you want to use this to support your own channel or site then your application is not needed. I would say a capture device would be beneficial but as long as the video is clear and the explanation is great anything can work. The only requirement is probably be sim and have the ability to do commentating -- we'd need people to commentate.

Now I haven't approached management about this so this is just a feeler. I think we have what it takes to make this special. If you're interested in something like this please post below of what you excel in below. The following could be used as format:

Example:

User: JerzeyReign
Favorite Mode: Association
Specialty: Play Breakdown

Is anyone interested? Hopefully this draws some interest -- if not, I'll venture off by myself
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 AM   #2
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Operation Sports 2k Youtube Channel?

I'd love to help with this....I just don't have a mic or PVR at the moment. I have Audacity, which is a sound editor, but I don't have a video editor yet.

But, in a couple of months, I should have everything I need o get started. I should be able to help by providing some good gameplay. Hell, we can even get a game in right now Jerzey
Old 07-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

I'm at work right now (I'm stationed in Germany) and I game on the PS3. I have an Xbox and I normally rotate systems but I have more PS3 2k players than Xbox.

Regarding the channel -- anything you can provide would be a plus. You could record it on your cell phone if you wanted to, lol.

And for anybody else that may not have a recorder -- anything you provide would be appreciated. Heck, giving the channels ideas of what to cover would go a long way.

Last edited by JerzeyReign; 07-30-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #4
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm running with you lol.

Name: Jersez
Specialty: Isomotion, moves and Defensive tutorials, gameplay and highlights.
Favorite mode: exhibition

I feel you man, I did a isomotion thread and I felt like it could have helped a lot of people out. Not too many people cared lol, so maybe this video tutorial will be better.

I'm on pc right now, but I can go back to the xbox. But I can just use fraps for the videos, Commentating might be a problem, because I don't have anything to record with.
Old 07-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

I would love to do something like this (I've wanted to commentate for some time now), but I don't have a particular specialty, at least not to the level of other members of OS. Like I know how to play the game, and am successful at it, but I've never taken the time to really go in depth unless it's pointing out flaws in the game lol. The small things that make the game less enjoyable.

So would my specialty be...complaining?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #6
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I'm running with you lol.

Name: Jersez
Specialty: Isomotion, moves and Defensive tutorials, gameplay and highlights.
Favorite mode: exhibition

I feel you man, I did a isomotion thread and I felt like it could have helped a lot of people out. Not too many people cared lol, so maybe this video tutorial will be better.

I'm on pc right now, but I can go back to the xbox. But I can just use fraps for the videos, Commentating might be a problem, because I don't have anything to record with.
Good deal. And you don't have a mic? I have a POS one around here somewhere I may can send you. As far as a program to record with? I actually use Sound Recorder -- a default program on my PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiree16
I would love to do something like this (I've wanted to commentate for some time now), but I don't have a particular specialty, at least not to the level of other members of OS. Like I know how to play the game, and am successful at it, but I've never taken the time to really go in depth unless it's pointing out flaws in the game lol. The small things that make the game less enjoyable.

So would my specialty be...complaining?
Game breakdowns or showing flaws would be welcomed as long as their constructive.
Old 07-30-2012, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Game breakdowns or showing flaws would be welcomed as long as their constructive.
Ok I can do that. I'm not one of those guys who just rants and raves and curses the game out because I'm losing lol. Even in my wishlist thread posts I try to be as coherent and constructively critical as possible.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #8
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Good deal. And you don't have a mic? I have a POS one around here somewhere I may can send you. As far as a program to record with? I actually use Sound Recorder -- a default program on my PC.

Oh no, don't worry about it. I can get one from my cousin. I'm just waiting on this new pc. I'll record all my gameplay on that. I also have to buy sony vegas for some editing. But I think this is a great Idea, this can be like the sim standard where multiple people are making videos for one channel. I'm in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »