Home

NBA 2K Association Help

This is a discussion on NBA 2K Association Help within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 06-27-2012, 03:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NBA 2K Association Help

I personally consider NBA 2k11 to be one of the most complete sports game I have ever played. Based on praise ive heard and read of the assocation mode I often try it but find it difficult to play and quite overwhelming with the decisions that are offered and end up simming seasons and offseasons because I get lost.
Im a huge football fan and completely understand all aspects the of the game and the coaching/GMing etc making franchise mode in madden playable throughout. I want to feel the same way with the association mode but I barely understand the concepts of coaching, salaries, subs etc of basketball. Im justttt wondering if theirs any in depth guides on how to play association and know all the aspects etc. I really want to get into this mode but I cant lol.

help greatly appreciated!

Last edited by romschomp; 06-27-2012 at 03:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K Association Help

In the NBA, you can compete with 1 or 2 legit superstar players...

I would suggest trying to play with, or acquire one of the NBA's best... IE - LeBron, Dwight Howard, Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant and then build around that players strengths...

- If you've got LeBron, you want to surround him with shooters, as the Defense will help off of them allot of times when he drives to the hoop... LeBron's passing ability will allow him to easily find the open guy...

- If you have a guy like Dwight, you gotta have a solid ball handling / passing point guard that you can run the pick and roll with

Its going to be damn near impossible to build a team the Miami Heat way, buy maxing out 3 superstar players...

I would try to build around 1 or 2 players and acquire and develop as many young guys as you can...

Check out my 2k11 Cavaliers Association blog... (in my sig) and you can see how I put some nice pieces around Kyrie Irving and Harrison Barnes...

Hope this helps

psn - CeeGee
Old 06-28-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K Association Help

Ahh great, thanks alot man! ill defs check ur association out see how you make ur moves etc. hopefully this stops me from simming seasons and allowing cpu to control all aspects lol..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »