Home

Clippers Trade / SuggestionsI'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clippers,

This is a discussion on Clippers Trade / SuggestionsI'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clippers, within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-16-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Clippers Trade / SuggestionsI'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clippers,

I'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clippers, as well as all playoff games so that changes my trade logic versus simming seasons. This should be judged strictly on what the performance of the team will be since it's just one full season I'm playing.

(I also signed Lamar Odom since in the game he isn't with the Mavs)

Hornets-
They get: Chauncey Billups, Ryan Gnomes, Caron Butler
I get: Eric Gordon, Gustavo Ayon, Trevor Ariza

Grizzlies-
They get: Trevor Ariza, DeAndre Jordan, '12 1st round pick, '13 1st round pick
I get: Rudy Gay

Starting 5:
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Eric Gordon
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Kevin Martin
C - Blake Griffin

Bench (players worth mentioning):
PG - Mo Williams
SG - Nick Young / Randy Foye
PF - Lamar Odom

-Will probably trade Randy Foye for decent backup C, any suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Clippers Trade / SuggestionsI'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clipp

gave up too much for rudy gay. personally i dont care if its realistic or not, when i play its my game so i run my team how i want, with that being said, Paul George is a great young player who can play sg, sf or pf and using vtcrb's trifecta rosters he is only a 2 star on trade finder.

so you could get him without giving up much and hes a great slasher as well as a jump shooter.

also i like deandre jordan so i wouldnt have traded him, he can block and rebound very well.

love the trade to get rid of aging billups and get back a young player like gordon, who can just fill it up with ease
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: Clippers Trade / SuggestionsI'm playing a full 29 game Association with the Clipp

Thanks for the feedback. Since I play on 8-9 minute quarters, DeAndre Jordan didn't see much time at all since it's not really enough time for Griffin or Martin to get tired. He only got a few minutes a game when Griffin wasn't in and I rotated between Odom and Martin at PF.

Maybe it's just me but I just wasn't able to play with Chauncey or Caron. After 4 games one was averaging 2 ppg and the other 4 ppg.

My defense has been great but I lost a couple games where I definitely should've won because I wasn't getting much production aside from the obvious guys. Gordon is a dynamite scorer and in the one game I've played since the trade he played very well defensively, and Rudy Gay also dominated.

Now I just need a backup C. I'm thinking about Jordan Hill but I'm not sure. I'd like someone who can score at ease inside but can also play respectable defense down low.
Old 04-16-2012, 10:31 PM   #4
Banned

*Gomes
*Kenyon

I can tell you're not a Clippers fan
Old 04-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #5
Rookie

Keystone CK's Arena

OVR: 3

Damn dude you pretty much just traded your whole roster lol. The Hornets trade not to bad but doesn't really make much sense since Eric Gordon was just on the Clippers. Plus I think there getting cheated giving up quite a bit of talent and really not getting that much back. But I agree with the guy above way too much for Rudy Gay. For centers I have two possible choices. You could pick up Memhet Okur in free agency. Not that bad plus he can hit the 3. Omer Asik from the Bulls is another possibility. Not a great scorer but his defense and rebounding definitely makes up for it. Personally I wouldn't trade Foye. If you did pick up Lamar I think you really don't need Kenyon Martin there, so maybe see if you could trade him instead.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #6
Rookie

If I were just simming through seasons and acting as a GM like I usually do, I wouldn't have made the Rudy Gay trade. From what I've seen the Clippers don't do so well their first year so I would've been giving up really valuable picks. But basically since I'm playing all 29 games plus all playoff games I wanted to make it as enjoyable as possible in that sense. I just couldn't get anything going with Chauncey or Caron, and like I said I play 8-9 minute quarters so DeAndre never saw time. I think he played once for like 2 minutes when Griffin fouled out.

Good idea on picking up Okur but unfortunately he's been signed already. I like the Omer Asik idea though, I think I'll see if I can get him. And I actually like playing with Martin, he isn't scoring that much but he's been a great rebounder and great at defense so far. Plus Odom only seems to be good in stretches so I like bringing him off the bench.
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm also doing an Association with the Clippers and my first suggestion is to trade Griffin to Portland. They will literally trade you their 4 best players (Aldridge, Crawford, Batum, and Hickson) for Griffin and your worst scrubs. Aldridge is a beast and Batum can start or come off the bench at SF. Batum's a great defender that can keep up with Durant. As an alternative, you can trade Griffin to Golden State and get Curry and Bogut.

As another person commented, Paul George is a really good underrated player. Trade Bledsoe to get him. The Pacers worship Bledsoe for some reason.

As for Billups, the Thunder love him. You can send him to OKC with two 2nd round picks for Ibaka and their two 1st round picks. Ibaka is a great replacement for Griffin at PF.

As for a back-up center, I like Patrick Patterson with Houston or Gallinari with Denver. JJ Hickson will work if necessary. Gallinari is also a great 3 point shooter if you need to rally late in a game. Okur fits that description as well. If you can get him in a package with Ty Lawson then you've hit the jackpot. I'll take Lawson over Brandon Jennings as my backup PG anyday.

I strongly recommend getting Monta Ellis from Milwaukee as your starting SG. He is really great in the backcourt with Paul because if one is cold, the other will be hot to make up for it.

Nick Young is already on your team and has the height and talent to start at SF. His outside shooting is rated "A". You just need top work on his rebounding in the developmental drills every month and he'll soon be a very good overall player.

Last edited by robpriv; 04-19-2012 at 08:12 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #8
Rookie

Landonio's Arena

OVR: 2

^Obaka?

Gallinari at center?

O_o

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »