Home

so the CPU makes everything, is that supposed to be good gameplay

This is a discussion on so the CPU makes everything, is that supposed to be good gameplay within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-23-2012, 09:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
so the CPU makes everything, is that supposed to be good gameplay

Am I the only one that can't beat the computer on 2k12. I had no problem winning on 2k11 and I realize 2k12 is different, but Christ the CPU makes EVERYTHING. They strip me 4--5 times a game randomly. I just played a game where Jarret Jack made 7 shots in a row, not all of them were contested but still, he also out rebounded Dwight Howard... Are you fking serious 2k? On top of that I take QUALITY open shots with the Magic, I primarily 3pt shooting team and I can't make anything, but Eric Gordon can walk up to the 3pt line with 21 seconds on the shot clock and just pull up a contested 3 and make it. This is only on All star, I beat the CPU on 2k on HoF most of the time. Wtf happened to this game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: so the CPU makes everything, is that supposed to be good gameplay

Keep playing. I play on all star sim and I can win games. I'm 17-27 with the twolves. Check out some of the helpful strategy threads in this forum. Its possible, and no the cpu doesn't make everything.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

The problem is when they wanna score they gonna score NO MATTER WHAT...You are not rewarded for good Defense...

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Old 01-24-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
The problem is when they wanna score they gonna score NO MATTER WHAT...You are not rewarded for good Defense...
Agreed. I'm all for missing wide open shots occasionally but it just doesn't apply to the CPU apparently. They drill EVERYTHING.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:30 AM   #5
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

I don't have the CPU makes everything issue. I have the nothing goes in for me for long stretches of time, even though I'm open and releasing perfect
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2012, 04:40 AM   #6
Rookie

They don't LITERALLY make everything (i.e going 50/50 during a game) Its when you're playing great defense, you have a hand so far in their face that you can feel their breath on your hand and they still drill the shot i know nba players can make shots with hands in their face but the lower tier players (i.e. Rasual Butler, Jared Dudley) Do it multiple times a game. Or when a SMALL point guard can come into the paint on your center and score on him at will.

But when you try to do it the cpu shuts it down 95 percent of the time

Last edited by L1VINGL3GACY; 01-24-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 AM   #7
Banned

b2th3m1th's Arena

Last year the heat in a game I played against them made 68% of their shots and I contested almost everything. The worst ive had this year was coincidently against Miami. They shot 55% again most contested and I shot 35% and had a bunch of wide open just brick. Shockingly I only lost by 5
Old 01-24-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 9

Anybody think the consistency rating has anything to do with this?

I really think whatever hidden modifiers that decide whether these shots go in or not really need to be tuned down. For example, when I started a my player game with a 3pt rating of 68, the defender would back off me and I could hit 5/6 even with a bad release on some of them. With it in the 80s now, the defender is closer to me and I can't shoot unless I am wide open or I will end up shooting 2/8.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »