Home

superstars vs. role players

This is a discussion on superstars vs. role players within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
superstars vs. role players

i know the game has its fair share of cheap tricks and whatnot, but one thing i will give 2k12 is that there is a huge gap between playing with the superstars and playing with the role players.

i play with the washington professional basketball team and john wall is leaps and bounds better than anyone else on that team. i just remember in years past, i could take any team and as long as there were guys that could hit the three or block i would win every game. i remember one year i had steven hunter averaging 12 pts, 14 rebounds, and 5 blocks a game. and last year i took a guy from the d-league named jake robinson (also in this years game and not nearly as successful) and i averaged 21 pts. a game with him...as a 61 overall sg. and most people have no idea who those guys even are.

2k12 at least got the disparity between dwight howard and andray blatche fool! right. playing with kobe is a lot easier than trying to take over with thaddeus young...despite how awesome he is. and there is nothing easier than taking lebron and dominating a game.

...which really makes me ponder my threshold for frustration playing with the washington professional basketball team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 04:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: superstars vs. role players

I dont understand your post. Your complaining because it's easy with superstars over role players? Yeah that's why every team wants a superstart. Do you think any one would say T. Young and LBJ are equals, no. Role players are good in spurts and aren't as consistent as superstars.

But I had Jake Robinson last year too, beast from downtown. He was my sixth man of the year, 1 year, then left my team for the big contract :-(
Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 17
Andray Blatche is nice in this game though. Real talk

Sent from my sick #*& phone yo!
I'm not owed anything by anyone.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OP,

I dont understand, do you want the gap between role playes and stars closed? I think its a more accurate representation when you notice the difference between them. Thats not to say you cant be good with these players because I for one, love playing with Jimmer off the bench becuz he can flat out light it up from three point range. But he is still a liability on defense and is not the best ball-handler and decision maker.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:32 PM   #5
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

I think you guys are confused. The OP seems to enjoy that this game has a wide gap between stars and role players. It appears that he finds it enjoyable to have a star that can dominate. Now with that realization, he is wondering why he wants to play as the Wizards because he finds John Wall his only hope.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
I think you guys are confused. The OP seems to enjoy that this game has a wide gap between stars and role players. It appears that he finds it enjoyable to have a star that can dominate. Now with that realization, he is wondering why he wants to play as the Wizards because he finds John Wall his only hope.
Beat me too it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
THANK YOU!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »