Home

Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch.

This is a discussion on Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch. within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #1
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch.

Before I start I will tell everyone that this was already cleared by a mod, thanks P.

With all this talk about the patch and some people thinking it did something and those that it's all a placebo, I thought about who's doing the talking. I read the impressions thread when it first hit and was very excited to see how it fixed the game.

Once the 360 version hit my excitement was sadly shattered as IMO it did nothing. I still saw the cpu spinning, pump faking and forcing its way into the lane. I also notice a lot of standing a round when the cpu would run plays, only to have the shot clock wind down and see them jack up a 3. Passes seemed still so floaty and off the mark. Players diving to the rim when they should be spotted up for a 3. Others were also seeing the same so I knew I wasn't alone.

But something was bothering me though, not everyone was seeing the same. Could it be the 360 patch was a different patch then the PS3? They weren't the same size and even other's wondered if the 3/4 mb update was indeed the patch.

I found myself in Gamestop today picking up a gift card for my bro-in-law and noticed a used copy of NBA 2k12 for the PS3 so I picked it up. After waiting for the patch to dl I had very low hopes for any difference in gameplay. I made sure everything was set to default, 12 min, sim slider with allstar difficulty just like my 360 version.

What I found was a game I thought I was getting with the 360 patch. These were not the same games. No cpu spinning, no pump faking or forcing its way in the paint. Offenses were being run, passes were fast and quick.

This was no placebo this was a entirely different game. Even my wife who's seen me throw my controller on the floor numerous times playing 2k12 on the 360 said, "I'm surprised you're still playing this game." Maybe it's me, but I don't believe it is. I think we have 2 games that were the same out of box, but a patch that was larger and fixed more things with the ps3.

Anyone else have both and noticed differences between the two games? If so, what are your thoughts? I'd be really interested to know.

Please keep post mature and don't come in derailing the thread with any stupid "this systems better" wars. If the finds are true I'd hope 2k/VC would come out and update us.

Thanks for reading and thanks Pared for letting me post this.

DJ32
Kenny Mack

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
Pro

wepr3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Differences between the 360/PS3 versions found after the patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
Before I start I will tell everyone that this was already cleared by a mod, thanks P.

With all this talk about the patch and some people thinking it did something and those that it's all a placebo, I thought about who's doing the talking. I read the impressions thread when it first hit and was very excited to see how it fixed the game.

Once the 360 version hit my excitement was sadly shattered as IMO it did nothing. I still saw the cpu spinning, pump faking and forcing its way into the lane. I also notice a lot of standing a round when the cpu would run plays, only to have the shot clock wind down and see them jack up a 3. Passes seemed still so floaty and off the mark. Players diving to the rim when they should be spotted up for a 3. Others were also seeing the same so I knew I wasn't alone.

But something was bothering me though, not everyone was seeing the same. Could it be the 360 patch was a different patch then the PS3? They weren't the same size and even other's wondered if the 3/4 mb update was indeed the patch.

I found myself in Gamestop today picking up a gift card for my bro-in-law and noticed a used copy of NBA 2k12 for the PS3 so I picked it up. After waiting for the patch to dl I had very low hopes for any difference in gameplay. I made sure everything was set to default, 12 min, sim slider with allstar difficulty just like my 360 version.

What I found was a game I thought I was getting with the 360 patch. These were not the same games. No cpu spinning, no pump faking or forcing its way in the paint. Offenses were being run, passes were fast and quick.

This was no placebo this was a entirely different game. Even my wife who's seen me throw my controller on the floor numerous times playing 2k12 on the 360 said, "I'm surprised you're still playing this game." Maybe it's me, but I don't believe it is. I think we have 2 games that were the same out of box, but a patch that was larger and fixed more things with the ps3.

Anyone else have both and noticed differences between the two games? If so, what are your thoughts? I'd be really interested to know.

Please keep post mature and don't come in derailing the thread with any stupid "this systems better" wars. If the finds are true I'd hope 2k/VC would come out and update us.

Thanks for reading and thanks Pared for letting me post this.

DJ32
Kenny Mack
Reading the impressions thread, it certainly seems the ps3 folks were more pleased than the xbox folks. I guess I'll be renting 2k12 for ps3 tomorrow to see for myself. Thanks for giving us a legitimate reason to question this.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:38 PM   #3
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

ive never played the 360 version but i can say for sure that the ps3 version is much improved after the patch. i seriously couldnt stand to play the game before the patch and now i cant wait for the rosters to get all updated so i can play pretty much all day in an association.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #4
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Yeah I can't speak on the 360 version but I personally think its a quite obvious difference post patch on the PS3. I haven't seen the collapsing by my own teammates on drives, the up and under moves aren't as over done as the cpu will kick it out a lot if outnumbered near the rim. I've seen fatser ball movement/better ball movement all around. Fast Breaks still have some issues, but they're slightly better than before.

There still isn't the doubling that people want to see though. That's something shared between the two at least

Perhaps during the compression process some lines of code corrupted? Could be the case. Highly unlikely but that's all the explaination I got.
Old 12-16-2011, 08:52 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 22

You know what, i'd love for someone to upload a full Post Patch game onto Youtube for the ps3, just so we can see what's different from the 360 version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2011, 09:00 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 4

as a 360 owner i was beyond excited for the patch to hit, and when i downloaded the 3mb update i was positive it wasn't the patch and even playing 2 games to see if anything felt different (not really). then i came on the board to see what the hold up is to only find out that the 3mb update was indeed the patch.

i did notice that once i stopped playing with the hex edit rosters from 2kshare and used the 2k official roster which seem to be playing much differently than "pre-patch." perhaps 2k's patch was only implemented in full on the ps3 and requires the rosters on the 360. and maybe thats why you can't download the official rosters from 2kshare as the newest ones are necessary for the newest patch.

but thats mostly speculation (besides the new rosters playing different) so who knows.. maybe some 360 owners can try the official rosters and then a 2kshare roster (one without tendencies would work the best as theyd be the same as 2k's) and see if they notice a difference as well
Old 12-16-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
Rookie

plyrically's Arena

OVR: 6

I don't know man. I've played the 360 version, and it definitely was a different game rather than pre-patch.

I'm sure there's a good explanation for the size difference. After all it's code line - and maybe when they're compressed, it can go from about 40~ to about 5~. If not, I'd really want an explanation - how can you squeeze the info of 40 MBs inside 6 MBs.
You won't always be the best shooter. You won't always be the best rebounder, or defender, either. What you can always do the best though, is play hard. Once you do that, Everything else will take care of itself.
Old 12-16-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Having played both I can say that the ps3 controls feels more tighter. The 360 version feels somewhat the same but not quite right....

Passing the ball on the ps3 has a bit of zip to it compared to the 360 version. It's not as floaty...playing my friend online can tell you as I intercepted plenty of post passes.

One thing for sure that's the same playing the CPU is that bull**** last second shot that goes in every last second. That is the same and it infuriates me on both systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »