Home

I just cant enjoy this game because its too hard...

This is a discussion on I just cant enjoy this game because its too hard... within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-22-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I just cant enjoy this game because its too hard...

For the past 2 years NBA 2k series has just been not fun anymore. If I play on pro its way too easy and its not challenging. Ill bump it up to allstar or superstar and the cpu just goes ape**** all over me. There is really no difference between the allstar and superstar settings. The CPU drains every open shot. Ill be winning, and the CPU ALWAYS like 100% of the time, goes on these CRAZY runs where they make everything and just play shut down d. The sliders i've seen dont work too well either. If anybody knows good sliders that will give me the most realistic play, without this cheap CPU BS, I would appreciate it, Im regretting buying this game because every time I play it I just end up getting frustrated and turning it off mid-game... Fix the cheap *** CPU play 2k PLEASE.....

Last edited by dmarz45; 11-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-22-2011, 11:01 PM   #2
Rookie

aga11ah's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: I just cant enjoy this game because its too hard...

watch out.. you will get bashed by mostly everyone on here for what you said.. but it's true.

2k's fun factor keeps going down year by year. they keep juicing up the CPU so offline games are a headache unless you play on a lower level and then it's too easy like you said. and online has been a complete disaster for 2 years straight so.. Idk... just hoping that patch can fix the game.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:20 PM   #3
Pro

Sdrawkcab321's Arena

Just mess with the sliders. That's what i did after the CPU made every open shot no matter who was shooting it.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:39 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Change the sliders. I messed with my sliders based on how I want to play the game. I'm having fun and at the same time, still gets challenged by the CPU. I win some and I lose some, it's a sport after al(you can't win every single game).
Old 11-23-2011, 03:27 AM   #5
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

You can play All-Star or above and set the sliders in your favor to make the balance even between you and the CPU again, or you can play on Pro right away which seems like a very balanced setting right from the start.

Also, I found games above Pro often to be frustrating. The inevitable comebacks by every opponent no matter how lame or weak they where.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #6
MVP

daveberg's Arena

Pro with slider tweaks - game plays just how I want it to now. Sliders are your friend.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
Banned

thuglife74's Arena

OVR: 4

adjust sliders like people have been saying. try clutch factor and consistency.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've found that on sim the rubber banding runs aren't so unstoppable. They just miss a bit more. They also tend to full court press when they go on these runs, so I push the pace on the inbounds using the blow out dribble near midcourt and try for fastbreak drives or kicking to shooters.

I've gotten used to playing on Allstar and Superstar, but they do need something between Pro and Allstar. The jump in difficulty between those two is a bit wide.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »