Home

What would you grade NBA 2k11 Vs. NBA 2K12 in the Overall Game? (So Far)

This is a discussion on What would you grade NBA 2k11 Vs. NBA 2K12 in the Overall Game? (So Far) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Which is better? Nba 2k11 or 2k12
NBA 2K11 68 50.37%
NBA 2K12 67 49.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61
What would you grade NBA 2k11 Vs. NBA 2K12 in the Overall Game? (So Far)

NBA 2k12 Wins But what are your opinions because I have seen some stuff posted here that I have never seen before in my game.(Maybe I have a different type of disk).

Format:
Grade:
Why:
Final Explanation:

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2011, 11:00 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: What would you grade NBA 2k11 Vs. NBA 2K12 in the Overall Game? (So Far)

Yeah, I think a few got the IGN 9.5 copy. LOL, too bad most people didn't.
Old 11-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

At least let 2K12 get all of his patches before you do this
Old 11-19-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
Don't Kill My Vibe

Paul Pierce_OS's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
At least let 2K12 get all of his patches before you do this
Sorry. It says So Far in the thread title love NBA 2k12 so far.
But I understand why you said that....

Twitter: @__JonathanLucas
Old 11-19-2011, 11:54 AM   #5
MVP

Colts18's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea it is still an unfair so far. That would be like someone asking about LeBron after year 3 if he has had a better career than a retired Scottie Pippen. Unfair question. I see the motive but we don't have any idea where 2K12 will be after the big patch drops.

I love 2K11 though. But it has had the luxury of touch ups, unlike 2K12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2011, 11:59 AM   #6
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

Grade: B+

Why:
2K continues to focus on the presentation and features so the back of the cover can look pretty and have lots of things to advertise like the Legend challenges and such. They do this and sacrifice the core gameplay. To the casual Ball fan (most of the reviewers) the game is excellent as they play on pro default vs the computer and marvel at the different filters in the challenges, and the commentary. For people like me who actively follow and PLAY basketball, you immediately notice a multitude of problems that are easily noticeable just from playing 1-2 games vs the AI on HOF or superstar. Players are completely overrated, with some people that shot 22-25% from behind the line having a 78 three point rating. WTF? Add to that, that 2k didn't take the time to properly make simulation settings, allowing the three point slider to remain at 50. Meaning that the majority of the NBA will be raining threes all day. Playing My Player (where most of the problems I cited come from because you can't change the sliders), the AI blatantly cheats, having small 6'0 guards do up and unders around big men with ease, having the AI make every buzzer beater shot, having the AI get EVERY offensive rebound (because 2k didn't code for your teammates to ever boxout), and having the AI do layup/dunk animations although YOU AREN"T CLEARLY STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM BLOCKING THEIR PATH.

Final Verdict:
The game is most fun playing against users (on the same console, online is a cheesefest) with altered settings, but with a patch to fix bugs and problems like:

- Having the ball tipped back court and you retrieving it results in 8 sec violation
- Your AI doesn't boxout
- AI doesn't react to your defense
- Up and Under cheese by the computer
- Changing the simulation settings, or allowing players to adjust sliders in My Player
- Trade logic
- Psychic defensive steals
- AI using guards with poor post move ratings to post up and score nearly 9/10

.....then I would bump the game up to an A-. It will never go up to an A because of the removal of My Player pickpus and Crew games
Old 11-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Grade: B+

Why:
2K continues to focus on the presentation and features so the back of the cover can look pretty and have lots of things to advertise like the Legend challenges and such. They do this and sacrifice the core gameplay. To the casual Ball fan (most of the reviewers) the game is excellent as they play on pro default vs the computer and marvel at the different filters in the challenges, and the commentary. For people like me who actively follow and PLAY basketball, you immediately notice a multitude of problems that are easily noticeable just from playing 1-2 games vs the AI on HOF or superstar. Players are completely overrated, with some people that shot 22-25% from behind the line having a 78 three point rating. WTF? Add to that, that 2k didn't take the time to properly make simulation settings, allowing the three point slider to remain at 50. Meaning that the majority of the NBA will be raining threes all day. Playing My Player (where most of the problems I cited come from because you can't change the sliders), the AI blatantly cheats, having small 6'0 guards do up and unders around big men with ease, having the AI make every buzzer beater shot, having the AI get EVERY offensive rebound (because 2k didn't code for your teammates to ever boxout), and having the AI do layup/dunk animations although YOU AREN"T CLEARLY STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM BLOCKING THEIR PATH.

Final Verdict:
The game is most fun playing against users (on the same console, online is a cheesefest) with altered settings, but with a patch to fix bugs and problems like:

- Having the ball tipped back court and you retrieving it results in 8 sec violation
- Your AI doesn't boxout
- AI doesn't react to your defense
- Up and Under cheese by the computer
- Changing the simulation settings, or allowing players to adjust sliders in My Player
- Trade logic
- Psychic defensive steals
- AI using guards with poor post move ratings to post up and score nearly 9/10

.....then I would bump the game up to an A-. It will never go up to an A because of the removal of My Player pickpus and Crew games
Agree on everything you said. 2k's unexplainable refusal to include customizable sliders in My Player simply makes zero sense. It's as if they actually believe that the default/sim sliders play realistically, when that is laughable at best. They need to stop deciding how we as players have to play the game, and allow us to do that for ourselves.
Old 11-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since I mostly play with either the classic teams or customized rosters, 2K12 has the edge due to the larger amount of legends present. Naturally having to use the workaround method to put legends on the main teams is a small flaw (would've been bigger if there was no way at all), but the DLC might take care of that problem and add more legends to boot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »