Home

Trouble with dribble penetration

This is a discussion on Trouble with dribble penetration within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2011, 06:42 AM   #1
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2
Trouble with dribble penetration

One on my favorite things to do in 2K11 was to get a good ballhandler and take it to the rim regularly. However, in NBA 2K12, That is something I just CANNOT Do.

No matter the Sizups, Spins, Crossovers, I can't get past my guy.

I went in to MJ's Legendary Game thinking... Wow, If I can't get past Mugsy Bouges.... I need to get some help. and sure enough. Michael Jordan Isolation. Stopped at every turn by the 5'3 PG.

Anything anyone has to tell me about this would be much appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Trouble with dribble penetration

What do try and do the most? Are you chainin any of your size ups together?Its more about gettin your defender off balance and the explodin out of the size up moves at the right time.Each size up has tons of moves within each direction.You can spin,cross and go behind the back out of any size up also.The best way to learn is to take one guy and practice, practice, practice until you know every move your pullin off from any direction.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:27 AM   #3
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

What I've learned is to lay off the turbo sometimes you can just casually drive pass them

Turbo triggers something to initiate bumping...
Old 10-15-2011, 07:37 AM   #4
Banned

THEone86's Arena

I chain together loads of moves . I watch every step of the guy guarding me. When I try to explode... No... Stopped dead in my tracks.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:41 AM   #5
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
What I've learned is to lay off the turbo sometimes you can just casually drive pass them

Turbo triggers something to initiate bumping...
True that. Seems the more i press turbo the more i get sucked in to my defender.I use to always press turbo when explodin out of a size up but its seems like they work 10x better without it.

Last edited by Pitfighter87; 10-15-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
Banned

THEone86's Arena

Well It looks like i'm just going to have to live with the fact that this game is impossibly hard for me and I'm just going to have to learn to play it or sell it.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #7
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEone86
I chain together loads of moves . I watch every step of the guy guarding me. When I try to explode... No... Stopped dead in my tracks.
Hows your spacing?Im sure you know this means alot also.The size up back move with a quick cross right in the middle of your takeoff works pretty well from time to time.Ive noticed the CPU will catch on to what im doin to if i get to predictable its most def a cat and mouse game.If i burn my man once he wont let me get him on that move again.Man i love this game....
Old 10-15-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEone86
Well It looks like i'm just going to have to live with the fact that this game is impossibly hard for me and I'm just going to have to learn to play it or sell it.
Dont give up bro i know it can be frustrating as hell at times but it really is a great game.Try and practice your moves in the "Post Play" section in practice mode.You have a defender on you and you can always get the ball right back if you mess up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »