Home

My Player Shooting Slump

This is a discussion on My Player Shooting Slump within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-13-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4
My Player Shooting Slump

Is anybody else experiencing a shooting slump? During the first 2 months of my rookie season, shooting was easy (especially the 3pt). I was averaging 50% in the month of December. But now in January, I can't make easy shots (the majority of the shots I take are open) and my FG is averaging 30% during this month. I have upgraded my 3pt shooting to 90, mid range is 82 and shoot in traffic is 80. I'm playing on Pro/Sim. I have practiced my jump shot and usually get perfect release.

Any tips on how I can get out of my slump?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #2
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: My Player Shooting Slump

Start getting baskets inside and from the free throw line. Consistency rating might help a bit too, I don't know if it actually does what it says. I never boosted it and still shoot fine.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:57 PM   #3
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenoob
Start getting baskets inside and from the free throw line. Consistency rating might help a bit too, I don't know if it actually does what it says. I never boosted it and still shoot fine.
To me I find it quite hard to drive to the paint without having my shot blocked (i'm only 6'2) or not getting the foul while missing the lay up. My speed is also a 94 yet I can't even get pass slower players like Derek Fisher.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #4
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21
You gotta pick your spots on when to finish at the hoop. I'm playing as a 6'0 pg and I do get blocked here and there, but I also get my share of buckets too.

Sent from my iPod
Old 10-14-2011, 12:19 AM   #5
Pro

BRxSKINSx's Arena

OVR: 18

I've found myself in several shooting slumps..... You just gotta shoot yourself out of it....you'll never know if you're out of the slump if you're not shooting....

Gamertag BR xSKINSx
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
no crew again? really? i'd put my hand through a window right now if i didn't have to deal with the aftermath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
CREW MODE is like Retro Air Jordans. & Pick Up Games are like a pair of Shaqs from Walmart.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2011, 12:24 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Definitely... I had the same thing. The first 10 games I shot almost sixty percent, then the next ten no matter how open I was I missed the shot.. I found myself shooting a lot of 5-17's... it sucked, but eventually I shot myself out of it and now im averaging about fifty percent.. Allstar/sim. PG 6'3", scoring
Old 10-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take" - Wayne Gretzky
Old 10-14-2011, 02:09 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

I have Consistency at 95 and Off Clutch at 90 with a A+ Shoot Outside(Med+3PT), but I always start cold then heat up then get cold again. . Even though I have 90 3pt, I want to shoot from Med Range exclusively. I just want to have the ability to shoot from three if I have to or have a good look. But since I play on a Fast-Paced(Im very slow) 3pt team and they dont have plays that get you good looks from mid, I am forced to take 15+ 3pters a game. My Stamina is also low. It seems like I am fatigued my Shot Quality gets no higher than B.
I think it is all about not taking bad shots and passing the ball if your look isnt there. I can force a shot or miss a okay shot, and miss the next 3-6+ shots, including a shot that a blind man can make. It gets frustrating. I always start cold because of being forced to take deep shots, plus I am one dimensional. I cant create any space and have low Ball security.
Best way to get out of it is taking very easy shots/layups or call a timeout/getting subbed out. After I come back in, I can make shots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »