Home

game is freezing at the loading settings screen!

This is a discussion on game is freezing at the loading settings screen! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
game is freezing at the loading settings screen!

nba 2k12 is freezing at the loading screen. I have to shut off the ps3 system and I have tried 3 times and it is still freezing. My game loaded fine before the 1.01 update. Is anyone else having problems? It is locking up my ps3. I have a 120 slim.

Last edited by rhein77; 10-12-2011 at 08:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 08:50 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: game is freezing at the loading settings screen!

Had a grrreat game in fourth tied at 82 and...freeze! Love it when that happens!!!
Old 10-12-2011, 10:33 PM   #3
Rookie

danyl2002's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
nba 2k12 is freezing at the loading screen. I have to shut off the ps3 system and I have tried 3 times and it is still freezing. My game loaded fine before the 1.01 update. Is anyone else having problems? It is locking up my ps3. I have a 120 slim.
Try to delete nba 2k12 data file ....i encouter that problem when im playing nba 2k11 ..i delete all nba 2k11 save file and data file...

Kobe Bryant
Old 10-14-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just downloaded an update also, and all of sudden the game freezes at the "loading settings" screen.

I had to delete my saved settings for the game to work.

Last edited by J-H!zZl3; 10-14-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhein77
OK, this I had this problem and the solution is incredibly simple and you don't have to delete any of your files. On your PS3 home screen, go to game, then game data utility. Scroll until you find the 2 nba 2k12 files. delete them both. this doesn't delete any of your saved data, only the patch. Start the game back up again, and it will ask you if you want to install the patch. Install it, and you won't have anymore freezing problems.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by packers3821
OK, this I had this problem and the solution is incredibly simple and you don't have to delete any of your files. On your PS3 home screen, go to game, then game data utility. Scroll until you find the 2 nba 2k12 files. delete them both. this doesn't delete any of your saved data, only the patch. Start the game back up again, and it will ask you if you want to install the patch. Install it, and you won't have anymore freezing problems.
To add on to this: After you do this fix, the rookies might have tar-black arms before you log on. If they do, quit the game, log in, and start up 2k again and you'll be fine.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:00 AM   #7
Rookie

Tobi's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
This solution doesn't permanently fix the issue.

For me it happens a lot, pretty much every other time that I play the game, its ridiculous that its carried over from 2K11.

- 2022 update: It's dead.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 10

Thanks for this. Mine froze up on me too upon loading this morning several times, I was unable to play. I didn't have time to mess with it, but will try this tonight. Thanks again.

Quote:
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »