Home

Double shimmy = automatic foul

This is a discussion on Double shimmy = automatic foul within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2011, 03:08 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Double shimmy = automatic foul

Either foul or a score...all-star simulation......any slider suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Double shimmy = automatic foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec22886
Either foul or a score...all-star simulation......any slider suggestions?

a dribble left..dribble right..dribble left...turbo in the lane...stop...pumpfake...shot is also an automatic foul or score. i avg 25+freethrows per game in myplayer. its ridiculous.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyau.00
a dribble left..dribble right..dribble left...turbo in the lane...stop...pumpfake...shot is also an automatic foul or score. i avg 25+freethrows per game in myplayer. its ridiculous.
You could just stop abusing a game mechanic that's broken, you know. It's not like anyone is forcing you to repeat the same one broken offensive move all day.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 AM   #4
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Or 2K could fix it.

Really guys. Stop jumping on people the moment they talk about using broken-to-a-degree game mechanics. It adds nothing to the conversation nor the solution. And its extremely tiresome, and stinks of somehow excusing the fact that the 'exploit' is in the game.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 AM   #5
Rookie

Trigg's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Or 2K could fix it.

Really guys. Stop jumping on people the moment they talk about using broken-to-a-degree game mechanics. It adds nothing to the conversation nor the solution. And its extremely tiresome, and stinks of somehow excusing the fact that the 'exploit' is in the game.
Its a game, nothing will ever be perfect in that sense. So if you complain about something the AI does then thats fine. As you can't really counter/stop that.

However, if its the human player doing the exploit then I say he's a glutton for punishment if its that much of a problem, or s/he like to get 25 free throws per game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
Or 2K could fix it.

You missed the point. The response wasn't dismissing the exploit it was commenting on the abuse of it. If you read it again the person didn't say "this one time" I got 25 points from the line, or "I could easily get" 25 points from the line. The comment was in the present tense i.e. they continually use it to get that many foul calls.

Much like dribbling, passing and good form on a jumpshot reading is also fundamental.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:05 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken North
You could just stop abusing a game mechanic that's broken, you know. It's not like anyone is forcing you to repeat the same one broken offensive move all day.
Is the above suggestions coming from the same guy who got 14 blocks in a game with his PG by exploiting a glitch in the game?
Old 10-12-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
Rookie

If u use the move every position, then that's abusing....but to tell me when ur down by 1 w/5 sec left and u don't go to the automatic foul, ur lying to urself....this needs patch or else it's unplayable knowing u can get pts anytime u want....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »