Home

Rebounding in 2k12 needs to be fixed

This is a discussion on Rebounding in 2k12 needs to be fixed within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2011, 12:12 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 6
Rebounding in 2k12 needs to be fixed

It's pretty horrible right now IMO. Mostly because boxing out rarely seems to matter. For example let's say i have andrew bynum getting ready to rebound, he boxes out stuckey and when the ball hits the rim i jump for it. Now this is where things get downright stupid, instead of grabbing the ball(that's right in his face mind you) he just puts his hands up and doesn't grab anything, stuckey gets the ball instead.

The way rebounding is set up is pretty bad, it's like if the ball doesn't go right into your hands you won't get it, which is unrealistic and dumb. Also i see too many people get rebounds with one hand, while there are like 3 other players on the same team at the rim in good position going up with 2. That should not be happening. Come on 2k, you can do better than this.

Right now rebounding is pretty much luck based, and i know rebounding does require some luck(the ball can bounce almost anywhere) however anticipation and boxing out are fundamental aspects of rebounding that are supposed to outweigh luck. Making it so that having good position, anticipation, and boxing out don't really matter as much as hoping that your player has common sense enough to grab the ball that's in his face instead of going up into some canned animation where his hands are straight up and he doesn't even try to grab anything is not a great idea.

And in advance, please spare any "learn how to play the game better" or "don't hate on 2k i love them!" type of comments. If you disagree with me that's fine, but those type of comments are stupid and pointless. I'm no rookie at nba 2k(i've played since dreamcast) and i don't hate on 2k, i just think they can do better, and that these flaws can get in the way of a pretty good game.

Last edited by GHOSTFACE03; 10-12-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 12:26 AM   #2
Pro

Bwnarrow3's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rebounding in 2k12 needs to be fixed

Thank God I'm not the only one that feels this way. I completely agree. The rebounding is not live, nor is the ball live on rebounds. While it is live along the dribble, rebounds tend to go on their own path, even if it's right into Derek Fisher's hands beneath the trees of Serge Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins.

Now to 2K's credit, this is probably not the easiest thing in the world to fix. While they have live ball on the dribble, I can't imagine how it would be trying to make a live ball off of arms and hands. But something has to be done. Rebounding is rigged and it needs to be live and more organic.

Offensive rebounds are much to scarce by default and the rebounding sliders are completely BROKEN. AGAIN! Just like last year. Even with OREB at 100 and DREB at 0, there aren't nearly enough offensive rebounds. This needs to be fixed and I'm surprise it hasn't been done so by now.

Check out my NBA blog here: www.thetransitionthree.blogspot.com

I'm an avid NBA fan and I'd love some feedback on my articles. I write about all teams too, so check out your favorite team!

Twitter: @bowen_connor and @transition3blog
Old 10-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 12

Until you're a master at the nuances of the game, too early to make a conclusive call on this imo.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 11
I feel you on this...I think the block logic where the players target the ball would be perfect for rebounding cuz they honestly do jump straight up sometimes and not get balls that should be automatic...
Old 10-12-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 10

On the other hand I completely disagree. James Worthy is usually good for 15 and 10 in a game, and Moses Malone has collected 13 rebounds in 29 minutes and 17 in 35ish respectively the two times I've played the 76ers game.

Granted, I haven't even tried to play a quick game yet and it seems like a lot of the examples of poor play are pulled from the realm of current day rosters rather than Legends.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboooo
Until you're a master at the nuances of the game, too early to make a conclusive call on this imo.
What nuances? Saying you need to master the game don't work here, i know how to box out and how to jump for a rebound or tip it. There's really nothing else you can do other than that, after that it's all in the game's hands. I can't really control if my players grab the ball or not, it's all luck. And there's really not much to master here, rebounding is the same as last year.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:46 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 12

Idk all gameplay perception can change from the first week to the second week to the third week. It's not realistic to know all the nuances of the game when the game's only been out a week. Not saying you're wrong, just saying it's still early on.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #8
Banned

a_maz_ing's Arena

OVR: 8

oh goodness, I thought it was just me! I was trying to figure out what I hated about rebounding and my main thing is that I don't see boxing out. They all just stand around and wait for the ball.

And completely agree on the grabbing. While I'm glad suction rebounding is gone, it just seems like there are multiple rebounds a game that literally go through your player's hand and right into the AI's hands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »