Home

playing on Hall of Fame straight out the box

This is a discussion on playing on Hall of Fame straight out the box within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
playing on Hall of Fame straight out the box

whats up OP, im a long time reader*, first time poster..just wondering if anybody else plays on hall of fame difficulty straight out the box? i do this for all sports games

Last edited by Mr_Space_Ghost; 10-11-2011 at 01:29 AM. Reason: just noticed my typoed lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
Banned

btownbrawler's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: playing on Hall of Fame straight out the box

on madden i do...but not on 2k12...its a whole new animal...tons to learn..i play all star sim..
Old 10-11-2011, 01:26 AM   #3
Rookie

no way, 2k12 is way too different, so much to learn. In fact I'm getting a good challenge on just Pro difficulty! I used to play on Superstar/HoF on 2k11, but my God 2k12 is, as the guy above said, a whole new animal.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Rookie

i played on hof/default lost my 1st game by 9 then proceeded to get my *** kicked after that lol i put most the cpu sliders down to 47 and now the game is way more balanced..now when i lose it feels legit
Old 10-11-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I did up until NBA 2K11. That was the first NBA 2K game where the highest difficulty setting seemed nearly impossible to win. I won a game here or there, but it was 2 out of 100 or so LOL.

I'm finding in 2K12 that the same story continues. What really grinds my gears, however, is how the higher difficulty is achieved in 2K11 and 2K12. It's not that the AI is that much smarter or executes that much better, it's that the gameplay makes certain aspects of the game that much harder for the user. Add to the fact that the AI capitalizes on user mistakes at any difficulty setting, and you can see the mountain that is a huge deficit to overcome at the higher settings with such mistakes are even more commonplace. To be honest, this game should just ship with three difficulty settings, Rookie through All-Star.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2011, 01:33 AM   #6
MVP

erickonasis's Arena

OVR: 12

i do except i change it to sim instead of default
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 AM   #7
Rookie

i'm not a big sliders guy..i just toy around with what seems to me to be a lil outrageous...i understand i can't make foolish passes but at 1st it felt like my players were all on revis island, pretty much same as last year out the box now that i think about it..after a while i realized i just have to slow down and actually think before i act
Old 10-11-2011, 02:14 AM   #8
Rookie

Ken North's Arena

OVR: 2

You certainly could, but it kinda drives you into repeating the same "tested and proven" go-to moves every time, at least it does for me. If I want to really learn the nuances of the game, I kinda have to drop the difficulty so the CPU gives me some more room to play with.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »