Home

Why all the hate?

This is a discussion on Why all the hate? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Why all the hate?

Seriously why are people bitching that 2k12 is bad? The game is amazing and people are losing their minds over some AI problems? Jesus 2k tweaked the AI a bit so many people will experience it differently. It will be patched soon and all these people that traded their brand new 2k12 in will feel like idiots. Just be happy we have a NBA game because it looks like we're not gonna have a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Why all the hate?

Most of the complaints I've read over could be solved by tweaking the sliders and/or difficulty settings. If the game doesn't play how you would like it to on the default settings and you're taking back NBA 2K12 you're an idiot.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 6

I'll agree that taking the game back already is way too extreme, but saying people complaining about legit problems are hating and acting like the game is perfect is pretty stupid also.

Last edited by GHOSTFACE03; 10-10-2011 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
Most of the complaints I've read over could be solved by tweaking the sliders and/or difficulty settings. If the game doesn't play how you would like it to on the default settings and you're taking back NBA 2K12 you're an idiot.
Yep I tweaked my sliders and I havent had any problems in any of my games. I saw in other threads were people were actually going back to 2k11 and selling 2k12. I literally facepalmed. Its like if you have a car that runs fine and you trade up to the year model with all the new bells and whistles...it doesnt get as good gas mileage?....Take it back!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:35 PM   #5
Pro

TeddyKGB's Arena

OVR: 4

I don't think there are many people here who "hate" the game. It's possible to acknowledge that a game has some issues without "hating" it. Some posters take it too personally when legitimate flaws are identified. Fact is, most people here are enjoying the game despite its few flaws - which are rightfully being pointed out and discussed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

For me its not the core game.
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...out-style.html
I break it down in this thread

These are my issues

- Placement on Leaderboards is still based primarily on how many games you have played. After 200 games of 2k11 I had a higher winning percentage than a third of the people in the top 100 but I wasn’t even top 5000.

- The team you use has no bearing on your rank. No wonder we face the Heat so often. I suggested long ago that we should be ranked per team separately from overall and that the overall rank should be influence by the team you use. Yes it should be possible that a bad A*SS with the Mavs/heat/Lakers is number 1 in the game if they win 90 or more percent of their games but shouldn’t someone that runs with the T-wolves be in the running if they win more than 75%? If we had separate rankings for each team (aside and addition to the current rankings) people could play to be the best with a certain team. Like I said before if you want people to choose a team other than the Heat give them incentives. Let them be the number 1 Golden State Warrior user in the world. What better way to recruit the best players per team? So to make it clear I want both. An overall ranking where team matters and individual team rankings.

-We don’t have any lobbies. I don’t see any rookie lobbies, any unranked lobbies. How do you not have lobbies? If you are afraid that people will pad their comp then force them to play X amount of quick matches for every lobby match

-What happened to the long ranked games? Here you have a damn good basketball game and we are forced to play 5 minn pick-up games where guys don’t get tired.

- I can live with not being able to save plays since we have so many of them but shouldn’t we be able to save settings. Every game I have to set manual subs. I see we can kinda save pregame defensive settings but that is universal. It should be per team. For example I can set Carmello to be doubled on drive and tight onball before the game AND THAT IS GREAT but the next team I face has the opposing SF guarded the same way.

-Speaking of manual subs, it couldnt be much worse. CH 2k8 was almost perfect. Now you are going backwards. To Sub Wallace in at PF for Aldridge I have to press a button like five times and I end up skipping Wallace.

- Where the hell is Chris johnson? He is going to make the team over Earl Barron.

- Lag is better on fts but so far worse all-around

- Ratings are still a problem child. First I want to digress and say that I love that many of the ratings are created with stats and science. That beats the Ouija board ratings of the past. However when you drop a game with alltime greats then you have to loosen the scale. They are way too liberal with the 99s. I’m not against 99s. If someone is doing something at an unprecedented level then by all means.

There isn’t enough respect for volume. Guys like Ibaka that hit 2 of 4 open shots a game end up with great ratings and will routinely hit 5 of 7 open looks.

The Trail Blazers have like a 95 in crash boards. In real life they get a lot of offensive boards but its not like they give up fastbreak points. They are third in opponents fastbreak points and third in offensive rebound rate. The problem is that the real Trail Blazers do it with ability not style. Camby is slick on the offensive boards and Aldridge is a much better offensive rebounder than defensive and Wallace can rebound with the best SFs. The ratings actually reflect this but the gameplay doesn’t. Jacking the crash boards to 95 doesn’t resolve things it just makes the Trail Blazers play stupid and I have to change it every game. Lets say you give Camby and Aldridge 90s in o-boards. Big deal when you are giving out 90s like free toilet paper. 90s don’t stand out much.

Then you have the speed ratings that have long been my bug. Bigs are still too slow. Dwight Howard still has a 57 in speed. Its something that they don’t want to change. Ive made a great case and so has Rashidi. The speed ratings are baseless and they cause guards and LeBron to be overrated. When have you ever seen a clean up dunk on a break? Bigs are just flat out underrated cept for ball handling where they are a little too good. They are too slow and rebound ratings lack scale.

- Network conditions.

I have never been disconnected so many times. Visual Concepts always seems so surprise that so many people are playing their game online and can’t handle the capacity. Get used to it VC you are back to delivering great basketball online. People are going to flock.

The actual gameplay is strong
Its the little things
Old 10-10-2011, 11:41 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
The actual gameplay is strong
Its the little things

ditto. there are so many little things wrong with this game that suck some of the life outta the overall experience. and what's even more frustrating is that a good portion of them are things that were fine in 2K11 *side eye to the in-game menus and Team Up matchmaking*

Last edited by FreshPrince22; 10-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:42 PM   #8
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

What Kaanyr Vhok said, I like the gameplay a lot but other things need fixing. They have too many guys in the game who are deadly from 3pt range, that can be fixed with ease.

On the fly coaching sucks this year. Trade logic is ruining my player for me. AI rotation logic needs to be changed. Without the rookies(not 2ks fault) I've been trying to play more games online but I can never finish a game especially in team up. I'm not big on online play but 2k's servers have always been mediocre and it amazes me that such a great franchise has the same problems year in and year out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »