Home

Could overheating be the reason the AI cheats?

This is a discussion on Could overheating be the reason the AI cheats? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Could overheating be the reason the AI cheats?

Hear me out

I'm not bashing the game, but the game plays severely different than when I bought it on Tuesday. 1st couple days I was able to get And 1's and rebounds while the gamplay remained balance but now, if by some luck the stars are aligned and I do get fouled, 99% of the time he will miss the continuation. A lot of times I get fouled around the freethrow area driving to the hoop and my player is wide open, still on his way to the basket w/o no one infront of him and he misses.

This got me to thinking, I remember in 2k11 and 2k10 whenever my xbox was on too long and got hot, the game would make all kind of crazy shots and shoot a high percentage... a real high percentage, then my xbox would shut down and 3 rings would appear. I have a custom made extremely powerful cpu(I play on PC now) but It's usually always on because it was made to handle pro tools and powerful music applications etc..etc. Could it be that our systems are overheating?

I may be wrong, but I'm just trynna shine some sort of light to it, because 2k hasnt said a thing yet(granted it's been a week but...)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Could overheating be the reason the AI cheats?

This thread can't be serious...

Overheating has nothing to do with how the gameplay or the cpu plays
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingg d
This thread can't be serious...

Overheating has nothing to do with how the gameplay or the cpu plays

Brah, thread is serious. I gave a prime example how. Not that I believe it, just saying
Old 10-10-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

Nope. No. Nooooo.

That makes no programming sense whatsoever.

It's just a placebo effect. You think it's that way because you want it to be in order to believe it.

I haven't felt the AI cheating me, not in one game. Granted, I lowered the Clutch Factor to 10 in the sliders, but even so, I've had close games, I've been able to catch up late in the 4th in games that were blowouts until the 3rd, I have been blown out and I have blown out teams.

Are you sure that it isn't you overheating? No offense, and I'm saying that with the best of intentions. Many 4th quarter mistakes, as I wrote in a last year's sliders thread, are due to user tiredness. Either you missed some consecutive shots and now you're rushing your game out of frustration, making mistakes. Or you're just tired after a long game or many games and you're just not playing that well.

I'm not saying that there's no possibility the AI cheats. I'm just saying that in all installments of the game since 2K9 I've had matches go either way, and I never felt the AI cheat me. The only times I felt so, it was 4am, and I realized I hadn't called a play in a whole quarter. I just quit the game, went to sleep, woke up fresh, restarted it, and I was (and the team along with me) in full form.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Kaworu517's Arena

OVR: 4

This thread is hilarious.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 07:00 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

i know the basics of programming, and this is impossible to happen unless u telling me skynet took over the internet, then yea maybe
Old 10-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #7
Pro

ffpp's Arena

OVR: 6

Technically possible but this is never going to be implemented this way in a video game. Really - never.
Funny suggestion though
Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm speechless just when you thought you heard it all, you really haven't

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »