Home

Big Men Playing Like Guards and other strange things?

This is a discussion on Big Men Playing Like Guards and other strange things? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-09-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Big Men Playing Like Guards and other strange things?

My biggest complaint with this otherwise great game is the big men playing like guards. I have had Tim Duncan trying to cross me up from the 3 POINT LINE like kobe. I have seen Rudiments Chandler leading the break making passes like Magic. This along with the open 3 percentages are my only issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 02:15 PM   #2
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11
re: Big Men Playing Like Guards and other strange things?

Edit every team's playbook so that Big men only have Low Post Plays and Pick and Roll Plays.

If a big man has a High Post Play, change that to None. That way they are always down in the low post if they get called a play and not dribbling around the high post near the 3pt line.

Last edited by tcnumba10; 10-09-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Edit every team's playbook so that Big men only Low Post Plays and Pick and Roll Plays.

If a big man has a High Post Play, change that to None. That way they are always down in the low post if they get called a play and not dribbling around the high post near the 3pt line.
yea but should I have to fix the game. They need to patch that. Plus some bigs do operate out the high post and some are impromptu situations. Game is just messed up in this regard.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by younggrease
yea but should I have to fix the game. They need to patch that. Plus some bigs do operate out the high post and some are impromptu situations. Game is just messed up in this regard.
so true.

I always cringe when Glen Davis try's to cross me up to get to the hoop
Old 10-09-2011, 02:45 PM   #5
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

this is a problem...I thought Andray Blatche actually played like that until I looked at youtube videos. I made a post about him and ppl made it seem like he plays like that, but that is not true from the videos. I then had Pau Gasol do the same thing which made me look up the Andray Blatche videos.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 2

yeah man this is a buzz kill, you have to make every big man dribbling tendencies 0-5 (spin,cross,etc...) and make their simple drive tendencie 90-99
Old 10-09-2011, 02:48 PM   #7
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I think the ball handling, mid-range shooting, and 3pt shooting ratings are too high across the board for big men.

Also, most of the time you see the big men pulling moves like this is when the offense fails to execute and they are left in isolation dribbling the ball until the shot clock runs out. This is something I see far too often when in real life a guard would run over to take the ball from the big man.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Pro

Tendencies are also the reason for this. 2k once again left 99% of them a complete mess, with guys like Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum having a mid 30-40 sizeup tendency...have you EVER seen them do that? Ever? Ya me neither. Or how about D. Rose with a higher pass out tendency than attack? Even a 5th grader could tell you that's hilariously wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »