Home

Menus keep popping up!!!

This is a discussion on Menus keep popping up!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-22-2011, 06:18 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Menus keep popping up!!!

I'm fairly new to this game, and for the life of me I can't understand WHY the menus keep popping up ALL GAME LONG!! NO, I'm NOT pressing the d-pad, I have NO idea why this is happening but it is costing me WINS!! Can someone PLEASE help me?!?!?!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Menus keep popping up!!!

Just lost another game because of these F***king menus popping up, up 12 in the 4th quarter and had three straight shot clock violations because of these menus. I almost threw the controller across the room in disgust. Surely, SOMEONE has seen this before!!!
Old 08-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #3
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37

Get a new controller, or stop using 3rd party controllers
Old 08-22-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Rookie

I guess I should have also mentioned that I have two brand new controllers (less than 2 weeks old). Bought in two different States, surely it can't be BOTH controllers, right??
Old 08-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #5
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26
360, ps3 or pc? Details are important in this case.
It's either a controller issue, controller calibration issue or fault installation of the game.

Try reinstalling the game and calibrate the controller if it's PC.

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2011, 12:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
360, ps3 or pc? Details are important in this case.
It's either a controller issue, controller calibration issue or fault installation of the game.

Try reinstalling the game and calibrate the controller if it's PC.
This is on PS3. I played this game when it first came out and had the same issues with two different controllers (around October last year), now here in August I have picked up this game again, (with two brand new controllers) and have the same damn issue. I KNOW there is NO WAY I'm hitting the D-pad while playing, but for some reason these menus keep popping up. Anyone who has beat a defender and had a clear lane to the basket only to run straight out of bounds because of a menu popping up knows how frustrating it is.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yeah. This happens to me all the time. It's all kinds of annoying.

It only ever happens when I'm on offense, when I've beaten my defender and am about to put it in for a nice lay-up/dunk. Maybe a half second before taking the shot, one of the subsititution/heat-check/player matchup boxes appears, and kills any chance I have of scoring.

I'm trying to think what could possibly trigger this. One would think it's the computer compensating for you getting an easy basket by glitching up and negating your well played move (but that can't be true....)

My best guess is that it's something to do with the momentum coding. Like, if you're about to throw down a nasty dunk that will change the momentum in your favour, there's something in the code there that shouldn't be that causes this glitch.

One thing's for sure: it is a game killer. Sometimes it's not as common, but I had a long stretch of games there where it happened all the time, so much so that I just stopped playing for a while. And yes, I've definitely lost games because of it.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:32 PM   #8
Rookie

This used to happen to me quite a bit before patching...though I doubt that helps your case.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »