Home

Do you need a SuperStar?

This is a discussion on Do you need a SuperStar? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-05-2011, 08:49 PM   #1
MVP

stlducks's Arena

OVR: 2
Do you need a SuperStar?

After reading how a bunch of people like to make their own "Big 3" or get a superstar to build around I was wondering if anyone has a team like I do. I have 3 players in the 80's, 2 in the upper 70's and the rest low 70's to mid 60's. But I can not beat the teams like Lakers, Celtics, Thunder. So I was wondering if anyone else has a team with no real superstar and if you can win.

My best player is either O.J. Mayo or Danny Granger. Hibbert is my big man and I can beat the easy teams and it is always close with the good teams but the Lakers and Thunder always dominant me so I need to either find a way to win with these guys or find a top scorer I can get to compete.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 23
Re: Do you need a SuperStar?

in 2k, i dont think you do. i have certain players who are not rated very good but i play really well with them. i can break down defenders and have their shooting animation down so i can score just fine with them despite not having that *star rating. sure i may not have that clutch factor to them but i can take it to better teams despite not having a 'superstar' on my squad

NBA - Magic, Kings
NFL - 49ers
Old 03-06-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
Rookie

Jason Fiasco's Arena

OVR: 7

It depends. I would take Granger any day. Great D, can rebound, can hit shots lights out. and Hibbert gets boards, can low post score and has a little midrage game too.

I love playing with bad teams and making them better or building their potential for the future (which your team has with Mayo and Hibbert). And there is no one stopping you from winning with this team.

Playing with stars is also fun, but I think getting a team like Miami together in association is a little lame.. even using Miami online is just weak.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:31 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

I play w/ the Pacers and im number 1 in my Season, and have beaten elite teams online. Ive also got spanked by the Timberwolves.

The Superstar need isnt relevant to the Video game. U can beast w/ every team if you practice.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10

I like to put together a fun team to play with guys who can dunk, shoot 3s, and block shots. for example a team I would be really fond of would be as follows:
C: Joey Pryzbilla
PF: Kevin Love
SF: Nicolas Batum
SG: Bill Walker
PG: Steph Curry

Last edited by H to the Oza; 03-06-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: too many typos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

No, in fact its more fun and more of a challenge if you have a borderline all star and then some good role players. The post-melo knicknuggets are fun to play with, number one option being Nene
Old 03-07-2011, 10:54 AM   #7
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

^^I agree with the Zen Master. Denver's very deep and has about 4-5 guys who would be #3 scoring options on other teams. I've played a few games with them for fun and i don't feel the need to get it to 1 guy all the time like when they had Melo.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #8
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5

I think it's harder in a way to have a superstar. When I used to do fantasy drafts I would get players like LeBron and Durant in the 1st round and then get a bunch of young talented players to surround them that I always play with like shannon brown and johnny flynn, I had a hard time giving my main scorer enough touches.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »