Home

How to play Association

This is a discussion on How to play Association within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
CNFL Commissioner

XtremeDunkz's Arena

OVR: 22
How to play Association

So I am almost at the end of my first season with the Sixers. I played almost every game until the all star break, but then proceeded to play the most attractive game in each week and simmed the rest. I have done that for about a month and a half worth of games and I think it works nicely. Over the course of a whole season that gives you between 28-30 user games each season.

So starting next season I think I am going to run this method. It gets the season completed in a decent amount of time, and also force you to a build a good team so the cpu can win games with them. I also plan to play every playoff games (not making them this year)

Does anyone else do a method like this? any other suggestions on how to run a full 82 game season in a good enough pace to run through multiple seasons? Any comments or help is appreciated.

Twitch

Twitter

NFL Green Bay Packers

NBA Philadelphia 76ers

MLB Philladelphia Phillies

NHL Philadelphia Flyers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: How to play Association

I do the same thing, mostly because I play 12 min quarters. I end up playing about half the games and simming the rest, playing all playoff games myself as well... Makes the season and stats more realistic and in-line with the rest of the teams, and it doesn't take me a year to finish one season
Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 PM   #3
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2

Woah, I might give this a try, I usually did 29 game seasons, but that was growng tiring because the stats didn't reflect as well. Thanks !
Old 02-23-2011, 03:28 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just do 29 games, 12 minute quarters YeLLz SiM sliders on All-Star.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I like this method i just started playing each team once then simulating every other game
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2011, 06:19 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

thats what i ended up doing as well. i was playing an 82 game season with 12 minute quarters was taking a long time so i would just play the big matchups.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I played every single game regular season (all 82) and post season in my first year. It was highly rewarding and yes I did win the title as well. However it took me from release date to the first week of Feb to finish. 5 months is a long time and this was having weekend late night sessions of 3-4 games every weekend for months mixed in with a game a day during the week. I also play with 12 minute quarters (won't play it any other way). I can't keep doing this and enjoy my other sports and non-sports titles.

Now I am in year 2 and 10 games in sitting at a surprising 5-5 and on a 4 game losing streak. I am going to play every game till the All-Star break then just play division rivals and marque match-ups and all post season games as I am now getting close to baseball season (my favorite sport hands down) and firing up my old standby MLB The Show 2009 (yep still playing that one) and getting my year three Yankees franchise up and running (still have not won a pennant and I play about 100 games out of the 162). I want to get in 2 more seasons of 2K11 before giving it a little rest as I have been playing non-stop since release. The game is so addicting!!!!!!
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Old 02-24-2011, 08:56 AM   #8
MVP

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

I play 12 minute, 82 game seasons and I only play away games. Lets you enjoy the presentation about the other teams and you get to see their arena. 41 games a year and I will play each playoff game if I get there. Right now with the Nets I'm 23-27 and I'm sitting in 9th

I started a franchise in late January and I'm already close to the All Star break. And I document mine on a forum so it takes me a little bit longer than someone who is just doing it and not writing summaries about the 'chise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »