Home

How do you defend the post on HOF Difficulty Level?

This is a discussion on How do you defend the post on HOF Difficulty Level? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-27-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
How do you defend the post on HOF Difficulty Level?

I play exclusively on HOF difficulty level and actually fare pretty well. However, the one aspect of this game that has me fuming is the post defense for the user-controlled team - it's non-existent. I want to say (without exaggeration) that about 85-90% of the post shots from the CPU are converted. Can this be remedied? Is it simply a slider issue or is it an inherent flaw in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: How do you defend the post on HOF Difficulty Level?

yes your right the cpu does CHEESE in the post on hof and make almost shot, but you should double team or go for a steal not to much but enough to throw off the defender, then block its all about timing
Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360justin
yes your right the cpu does CHEESE in the post on hof and make almost shot, but you should double team or go for a steal not to much but enough to throw off the defender, then block its all about timing
Appreciate the feedback. I was wondering more if there was a way to get shooting percentages on CPU post shots more down to reality than ways to actually defend the shot (ie: blocking it or stealing it).

Not sure if sliders would do anything considering it's really just the CPU using a cheat than it is the developers turning the post success slider way up.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller31time
I play exclusively on HOF difficulty level and actually fare pretty well. However, the one aspect of this game that has me fuming is the post defense for the user-controlled team - it's non-existent. I want to say (without exaggeration) that about 85-90% of the post shots from the CPU are converted. Can this be remedied? Is it simply a slider issue or is it an inherent flaw in the game?
Have you tried turning down inside and close range sliders to compensate for the AI? I play on Superstar and see this quite a bit. I have tried turning up my on ball D att. slider but did not see a big difference so I am wondering about dropping those 2 sliders down. I just hate not having the AI sliders where mines at but I feel i need to do this to make up for the godly AI play.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

why is everyones solution to something being difficult to adjust the sliders? you probably have poor post defenders or youre making small mistakes that give them just enough space. im the nets and the front court of lopez and favors is a solid, but not yet great combo. and if someone is getting the best of them(boozer had 20 points in the first half) i bring przybilla off the bench for extended mins to help upfront even more. i too play on HOF, and though its difficult to defend the post you can take steps to remedy it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #6
Rookie

The game Cheeses in the post on Superstar with Boozer and Duncan it doesn't matter if you double they just shoot over it, with that said I don't think I'll be upping the difficulty for awhile
Old 12-29-2010, 03:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigStid60
why is everyones solution to something being difficult to adjust the sliders? you probably have poor post defenders or youre making small mistakes that give them just enough space. im the nets and the front court of lopez and favors is a solid, but not yet great combo. and if someone is getting the best of them(boozer had 20 points in the first half) i bring przybilla off the bench for extended mins to help upfront even more. i too play on HOF, and though its difficult to defend the post you can take steps to remedy it
My actual post defense is very solid. I'm not being full of myself or exaggerating - I play fundamentally sound post defense. A hand is always (*always*) in the face of the post player and I play with various teams and various players, ranging from weak post defenders to DPOTY-level post defenders.

And from my experience on HOF-difficulty level, post success for the CPU is abnormally high - in the 85-90% success range. And I'm not really talking about a player backing me down and taking it strong inside. I'm really referencing low-percentage turnaround jumpers in the post and wing. Shots that should go in about 40-45% of the time (if defended well), if that.

It's an obvious and unfortunate problem plaguing those who enjoy playing on HOF-difficulty. I still am in almost every game and manage to win a good number of them, but it's just not fair that the CPU gets the advantage of such a clear cheese technique.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:23 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

my questino back to you is how do you even play at HOF, or even superstar~

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »