Home

Things that 2k Association mode can add

This is a discussion on Things that 2k Association mode can add within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-19-2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Things that 2k Association mode can add

I have been playing Association mode ever since nba 2k7 but it never really had that much replay value,its just so plain and straight forward almost like its a dumbed down franchise mode for new players of the mode.

Why cant we edit team arenas like in madden?You could edit the skybox rooms with furniture and HDTV'S.

And what about the restaurants,we could upgrade them with bigger and bigger food franchises as our teams bankroll gets up.

Renovate old boring arenas like the nets,bobcats,timberwolves e.t.c into big time arenas that will attract more people.

Move teams to new destinations,if the t;wolves arent attracting nobody no matter what you try then move them to seattle.

set ticket prices:If your the timberwolves you set lower ticket prices so more fans can show up because nobody is going to pay 10,000 courtside for a t'wolves game.

Dine free agents and have a my player type press conference to attract them to your team,if you say the wrong things they wont come and the better the player the less leeway you have to mess up questions.

sign deals with television networks to get your teams name in the news and media.

sign endorsements with companies to sponsor your team.

press conferences for the GM,for example your team lost 4 straight and a reporter asks-"do you think it is time to move player X" and you can reply.

Put your coach on "The hot seat" which will basically warn your coach to turn the team around or he will lose his job.

Put billboards around your city to attract more fans to the games.

Team trips in the offseason to fix any chemistry problems from the prior season.

FA tryouts for players you may want to sign but need to see action from first.

The ability to hire better commentators so that the viewers are more drawn to the game thus attracting more fans.

trophy room for your teams accomplishments.

press conference if you sign a grade A superstar to your team.

More in depth headlines that arent so dull and boring,for example the knicks win 10 in a row then lose 8 and a headline for them is "Are these the same old knicks or just a slight hiccup?"

Radio,talkshow and news interviews to expand your teams interest.

Tape of your incoming draft class players to see how special they were in college.

Scouting trips to watch live games of rookies.

Offer superstar players endorsements if they sign on your team,for example i am trying to sign chris paul and i offer him 6 year $100 million deal and on top of that a gatorade endorsement for a extra $5 million and a nike shoe deal for $100 million.

A weekly tv show that Recaps the week and shows how to stop certain teams,that teams strengths and weaknesses and who that team should sign so that they can improve.

Have the ability to upgrade assistant coaches to head coach and also have a wider variety of staff,like the strength and conditioning coach for stamina and weight loss stats and assistant GM's that will give you ideas on who you should trade,sign,release or send to the D-league.

GM of the year award for whomever upgraded their team the most.

Parade down the city streets if your team wins a championship.

Talk to other GM's about players availability.

Coaching development to help develop your staffs and coaches into better people.

Have the celebrities sit courtside and have the camera zoom in on them threw points of the game.

Franchise tag that basically shows what state the franchise is in like rebuilding/contending/semi-contending and the worst or better you teams becomes the tag changes.

Coach style and team style so you can specifically higher a certain coach instead of the "ewww a A offensive coach grade he must be good offensively" but then you look at his sliders and there really defensive oriented so to stop this we have a coach tag that shows him as a up tempo,slow paced defensive coach,pick and roll,low post,shooting etc so that you could build your team specifically how that coach coaches the team.

Thats just a few but if 2k wanted the assciation mode could be the most fun thing to play in any sports game out there.

Last edited by TheBostonRedSUX; 12-19-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Rookie

AMYO's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Things that 2k Association mode can add

All would be good haha
Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21

All that sounds great. Hopefully next year they spend there time adding this stuff and less on things like Jordan challenge which I will not play. I am a Association mode only guy. I know some like My player and the challenge but I know i am not alone on this as I believe the vast majority are Association mode or online players.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:29 PM   #4
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

All those ideas would be good,they need to fine tune some play aspects aswell.id like to see them add a uniform change thing were after 5 years or so change the coulours of ur strip
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

A super-sim to help the people who don't have time or simply don't want to play 82 games of an association mode

Retired players dropping into the coaching pool (maybe players with above 90 awareness or something)

Arena editor - everything from colors to logos to jumbotrons
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2010, 12:20 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

This is an amazing list. Hopefully a dev sees this.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Funny i was thinkin about creating this thread last night when i get home ill properly post my ideas!...Great thread,association is the only reason i buy 2k!!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:23 AM   #8
Pro

Pitfighter87's Arena

OVR: 10

Totally agree with everything.I just wrote some stuff in the "nba 2k12 wishlist thread" this mornin about some new association features. I LOVE this mode.This is where that 60 bucks go's for me.I dont play my player and rarely play online.

The mode just needs more depth for multiple seasons to be played and enjoyed.Gameplay alone can get you by put i like spendin my time in the GM role ALMOSt as much as gameplay.There needs to be way more features outside of the games that could keep you busy for hours.Such stuff like you mentioned like adjustin ticket sales,Updating arenas,ability to move teams to different cities all would be great and these are things i see possible to add to the game.

One feature that i think would be awesome is haven a monthley "show" that would tell players of the month,stat leaders,MVP race,Rookies of the month,trade rumors,trades and coachin hot seats.I think this is more then possible as i stated in the wishlist thread,they did this in CH2k8 and there where WEEKLEY shows in that game.I just wish they would put one in at the end of each month.And maybe in march or april have a playoff breakdown show along with award winners.Again all possible as CH2k8 had a bracket breakdown show with 68 teams and there are only 16 playoff teams in the NBA so it should be no problem.I just feel like it would add another feature to the game tha would be somethin outside of gameplay to enjoy and look forward too.

2k listens to the consumer more times then none and im pleadin for next years game to be left alone as far as controls are concerned and put there time in Association and even though i dont play it my player as well as i know alot of my fellow gamers enoy this mode too.Add and fix these two modes and then it will be WITHOUT A DOUBT the best sports game ever

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »