Home

Can you keep a happy 8-9 man rotation?

This is a discussion on Can you keep a happy 8-9 man rotation? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-11-2010, 03:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can you keep a happy 8-9 man rotation?

Ok, so I understand this is not really fantasy ball...you need to get the right mix of players to create a good team.
But, If I play an association with the Lakers, Shannon Brown is always invariably unhappy with his minutes, demanding a trade (which is unlikely mid-season in reality)...even if I go to an effort to appease him.
It'd be cool to see some sliding scale where players on top teams become more content with their minute load as the season passes if it appears they may win a championship.

Have I got this one wrong?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Can you keep a happy 8-9 man rotation?

In a perfect world, yes.

Unfortunately every player in the NBA (besides 35+ year old vets looking for a ring) only care about that $$$$$$

If Shannon Brown isn't happy with his playing time it's because he feels he could start for another team and most likely get a better contract.

Just my opinion.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phins86
In a perfect world, yes.

Unfortunately every player in the NBA (besides 35+ year old vets looking for a ring) only care about that $$$$$$

If Shannon Brown isn't happy with his playing time it's because he feels he could start for another team and most likely get a better contract.

Just my opinion.

That might be right if there was any evidence to suggest this, but in the case of shannon Brown, nate robinson, Udonis Haslem - these guys are reasonably highly rated role players who have either accepted reduced minutes or salary to play on contenders - and they haven't whined about it.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:15 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 18

Got a 10 player rotation..Hakim Warrick doesn't like his bench role.
I'm fast, dudes can't get past my past
How they supposed to deal with my perfect present?"
Old 11-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #5
The Captain revived!

Shield's Arena

OVR: 13

I've been able to keep all my players happy with a 9 man rotation. I always have my 10-12 guys as bench warmers. I play 10 min quarters, my main bench players are Casspi[21 mins], Bayless[12 mins], Kwame Brown[12 mins] and Gordon Hayward[8 mins]. The losers at the end of my bench are 400k guys who don't need time. Ended every season with >70 morale for all players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #6
MVP

J-Clutch1's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocboyz101
Got a 10 player rotation..Hakim Warrick doesn't like his bench role.
Who do you got starting ?
Old 11-11-2010, 06:40 PM   #7
Rookie

Pitchfork, I totally agree with you. I too, am playing with the Lakers and I've had the same problem. I personally think that the system is fundamentally flawed and it's not much of an improvement from last years installment. It's just as you said. Shannon Brown is almost never content with his role. Anything short of a starter with 30 minutes a game won't do for him. He is getting well over 20 min. a game in my association, and it's still an uphill battle to keep him happy. Not only is Shannon doing this, but I also had problems with Matt Barnes. I eventually had to trade him. I got Terrance Williams for him, and I ultimately had the same problem with him. I had to trade him too. I picked up Trevor Ariza and he wasn't happy with his role during the post season. And, since I was in the playoffs, I couldn't do anything for him as far as his role is concerned, and it steadily declined until I eventually had to trade him. All of those guys got at least 25+ minutes.

I understand that the dev. team at 2k wanted certain players to overestimate their worth, but in terms of contracts, and player roles. Now that's great in theory, but the actual implementation of that doesn't always work.

Get at me on PSN: Gekibird.
Old 11-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think the worst part of it is when you offer a contract to someone with the role bench warmer sometimes even role player, they happy accept and then two weeks into the season they are pissed about not having a bigger role. It makes having a deep rosters challenging as it's tough to tell what they will be happy with before hand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »