Home

How to fix the physical play around the perimeter?

This is a discussion on How to fix the physical play around the perimeter? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 36
How to fix the physical play around the perimeter?

First off, I'd like to say I love this game, and I'm not trying to ask the devs to fix it or anything like that. I'm not announcing something is broken either. I just want to ask anyone if someone has found a slider fix for this. You may like this aspect of the game but it kind of bothers me.

I'm not good at isomotion but even with practice, and getting moves down I can't go by anybody really. My only hope of scoring seems to be mostly plays. Everytime I dribble, I get bumped by the defender. I play basketball, and while this happens a good amount. Players like Rondo, and Paul rarely get bumped like that, because they are so good at going by other defenders.

Now, does any one know any tips, or slider changes that will lower the physicality around the perimeter? I already put on ball defense at 0 for the CPU, but still not working too good. Yet, the CPU can easily go by me at 50.

Also.....slightly off topic...but does anybody have success with a small guard like Rondo? Rondo can never finish for me, while in real life he finishes very well. The game doesn't use his creative lay-ups that prevent him from getting blocked (plus I can't pull the Rondo move off). Do you think I should raise his lay-up rating to very high so he can finish a lot better even with contact?
Old 10-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
MVP

Phreezy P's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: How to fix the physical play around the perimeter?

Do cutting moves with the shot stick when inbounding to get away from the defense, then sprint to halfcourt. Utilize spins and behind back dribble alot. Trust me, go into freestyle and skip to isomoton.

And second, use up and unders to get around defense on shots, and call pick and rolls and go to the basket and use eurostep.

CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Old 10-24-2010, 12:55 PM   #3
MVP

tcnumba10's Arena

OVR: 11

I just have to say the game is awesome now that I lowered DRIVING CONTACT SHOT FREQUENCY and INSIDE CONTACT SHOT FREQUENCY from 100 to 50.

I don't know what the logic is behind this but it seems that the overall feel of the game is more realistic and better with those two sliders at 50. It's a little bit easier to pass your man on D which is realistic (less bumping on the perimeter) but there is now also really good Defensive Rotation now so when you pass your defender the Help D for the opposing team is right there so there is no more easy Dunks once you pass your man!

It's been debated but I truly believe that the 3rd Roster update Inverted these two Game Sliders so lowering it to 50 does not necessarily mean that you will get less contact inside the paint...
Old 10-24-2010, 03:34 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

[quote=tcnumba10;2041778063]I just have to say the game is awesome now that I lowered DRIVING CONTACT SHOT FREQUENCY and INSIDE CONTACT SHOT FREQUENCY from 100 to 50.

I did the same and it completely changed the game for me!!!

It is more realistic because good defenders get more of the bumps and bigger slower players don't bump you as much when they are beat.

I understand what 2K was thinking with all the bumping but it's not realistic at all without a foul being called.
I also bumped up the fouls to keep it more realistic too because I get more moving screens and running through screens foul called.

Last edited by keshunleon; 10-24-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 19

Driving Shot Contact Frequency is actually related to how often you get sucked into contact animations when driving to the goal for a layup or dunk IINM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 14

Correct. I leave those at 50. I'm not digging the "simulation" settings. It just results in more suction animations to prevent things from happening.

It's so annoying seeing Derek Rose not be able to go right by Eric Dampier because he gets sucked into the kick back bump animation over and over....I can't even curl around screens effectively because of this.

I also turned down on-ball defense to 25. It helped a lot. The game feels more "free".
Old 10-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9

Rondo is a beast if you use him correctly, you don't need to lower anything to get to the hole you just need enough separation to pull of moves a simple cross over while driving will allow you to get to the basket this game is all about getting separation, also release the turbo button Rondo is has an amazing lay-up package use it, he also gets fouled alot and alot of any one, had my best game with him to day against the Rockets.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 21

Just use isomotion and create separation.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »