Home

Off-season progression issues?

This is a discussion on Off-season progression issues? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

OVR: 5
Off-season progression issues?

In my Association with the Wizards, I traded Arenas for the number 1 pick in the offseason during the draft, got Harrison Barnes from UNC. He was an 83 overall with an A+ potential, but 2 seasons later, he hasn't improved one point in overall in either of the 2 seasons. What gives? John Wall gained 4 overall points after his rookie season, so why won't Barnes improve? anyone have any ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Off-season progression issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
In my Association with the Wizards, I traded Arenas for the number 1 pick in the offseason during the draft, got Harrison Barnes from UNC. He was an 83 overall with an A+ potential, but 2 seasons later, he hasn't improved one point in overall in either of the 2 seasons. What gives? John Wall gained 4 overall points after his rookie season, so why won't Barnes improve? anyone have any ideas?
some people have found that POT doesn't really affect progression. it relates to trade value instead. guys will progress based on how they perform primarily - like wall in your season.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #3
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

- was this a custom draft class or a 2k generate version?

- What were the player's stats looking like?
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah progression just means how good they can be not how good they will be. I had a player with great potential 88 i think but he was a 67 overall so only got about 11 minutes per game year one i hoped by year two i could start him but after 1 year no progression so i sent him to the d league so he can progress there without me having to start him cuz he sucks but after being in the d league he still sucked.

Just like in the real nba there are players drafted for "potential " but never end up being good
Old 10-20-2010, 07:52 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

IMO this problem with the potential rating is probably one of the biggest issues that should be addresed in the patch when it comes out. I was trying to build a 1979 roster with draft classes for the 80's, but it seems imposible to build a player with his real rookie rating as he never progresses during the offseason; this issue seems to happen with all the CAPS in association no matter how much playing time. I don't want to end up building a 99 rated rookie jordan, bird or magic in a draft class to deal with this offseason progression issue.

Last edited by manecodx03; 10-20-2010 at 07:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #6
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Barnes is my starting SG, plays about 35-40 minutes a game. Hell of a season in his first year, 19.5 ppg, 7 assists per game, won rookie of the year. Is progression in any way related to coaching? it would make sense, but also wouldn't describe why Wall was improving while Barnes wasn't. Barnes has all of the tools he needs to progress but its just simply not happening and its frustrating
Old 10-20-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Pro

sccavs64's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
- was this a custom draft class or a 2k generate version?

- What were the player's stats looking like?
oh and btw it was a draft class i downloaded off 2k share, i may go back into the draft to look at the other players and how they have progressed. has anyone else been noticing this with custom classes? maybe its just a little glitch?
Old 10-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sccavs64
Barnes is my starting SG, plays about 35-40 minutes a game. Hell of a season in his first year, 19.5 ppg, 7 assists per game, won rookie of the year. Is progression in any way related to coaching? it would make sense, but also wouldn't describe why Wall was improving while Barnes wasn't. Barnes has all of the tools he needs to progress but its just simply not happening and its frustrating
J.Wall = 2ksports/VC created player

H.Barnes = create a player (you will actually have to use training camp for these guys in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »