Home

The Dunking in this game is too much

This is a discussion on The Dunking in this game is too much within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
The Dunking in this game is too much

I dont really like starting complaining threads but this really bugs me. I have a Pacers association going (Play on superstar/sim) and Jones and George dunk on everyone. Every bit of free space they have turns into a monster dunk over someone. I hate this, so I tried to fix it by turning the sliders down. The problem is it doesn't work. I currently have the attempt dunk slider on 0 and I still dunk all the time. I shouldnt't have to hold L for my guys to attempt layups...

Anyone else have this problem?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 11:23 AM   #2
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: The Dunking in this game is too much

Try lowering the dunk in traffic slider.

attempt dunk, I believe, is really only for the CPU.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmacfan12
I dont really like starting complaining threads but this really bugs me. I have a Pacers association going (Play on superstar/sim) and Jones and George dunk on everyone. Every bit of free space they have turns into a monster dunk over someone. I hate this, so I tried to fix it by turning the sliders down. The problem is it doesn't work. I currently have the attempt dunk slider on 0 and I still dunk all the time. I shouldnt't have to hold L for my guys to attempt layups...

Anyone else have this problem?
Unfortunately brother, most of us are having this issue. It seems to be consequent of the 10/13 'update' through Living Rosters. Defense and collisions have decreased and dunks have increased. Prior to this update, I was lucky to get 5 to 6 dunks a game with Miami. After the update, I had a game where I had 10 dunks with Lebron alone, and over 20 with the team.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Speaking of the dunks, its really just not the cpu for human players as well. What really irritates me is the fact that this game is allowing some PG to straight up BOOM it. It kills me really does. I play with Celtics and Rondo gets to do these dunks that he really can't even attempt to do on someone in the NBA. The PG's just get too high up. Especially with this funky looking vertical type thing going on. Sorry just had to say this.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Unfortunately brother, most of us are having this issue. It seems to be consequent of the 10/13 'update' through Living Rosters. Defense and collisions have decreased and dunks have increased. Prior to this update, I was lucky to get 5 to 6 dunks a game with Miami. After the update, I had a game where I had 10 dunks with Lebron alone, and over 20 with the team.

Do the living rosters affect your Association if you had started it prior to this update?
NHL25 - Panthers YR1
Star Wars Outlaws

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #6
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Lowering the dunk attribute slider to at least 35-40 reduces the dunks drastically. Tendencies are for CPU controlled players and Dunks in Traffic are for success when multiple defenders are in the paint contesting the dunk.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:41 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Do the living rosters affect your Association if you had started it prior to this update?
No, but if somehow this 'update' changed some things at a core level, it may affect all modes. Can't be sure if its tied to that particular roster or something that transcends the roster. We can't be sure of anything at all until someone from 2K chimes in. It is clear that there is a distinct difference in how the game plays though.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #8
Rookie

staffan's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
No, but if somehow this 'update' changed some things at a core level, it may affect all modes. Can't be sure if its tied to that particular roster or something that transcends the roster. We can't be sure of anything at all until someone from 2K chimes in. It is clear that there is a distinct difference in how the game plays though.
Yepp, would be really nice if someone from 2K show up and explain!!!!!!!!!!
Is it really that difficult?
Or maybe they donīt know!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »