Home

What are your most successful moves?

This is a discussion on What are your most successful moves? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-07-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 9
What are your most successful moves?

While yet waiting for 2K11 (and just having accidentally overwritten my 2K10 Association save file ) I was wondering how to bring my own game to the next level.

So far I have been using plays and ball movement to get into position, mostly inside. Using sliders allowed me to tweak the challenge so I had a chance of winning, but had to work for it.

Defensively I usually selected an off-ball player (mostly a 4 or 5, occasionally a wing man to speculate on stealing a pass) and let the computer do the defensive work. On thing that frustrated me in 2K10 was that the CPU made all those contact-shots under the basket for an "and 1", while my own layups just rolled of the rim... (but I rant).

In NBA 2K11 I'd like to improve my own game. I have never used Isomotion much to beat an opponent (I am a Utah Jazz fan, so basically Deron Williams should allow me that).

My question for those who play and succeed at higher levels of the game is: What moves do you use to create high percentage shots and how do you pull them off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What are your most successful moves?

I play on all star and have been getting my *** handed to me. It depends on what game style you are playing, I play on sim so the cpu is unforgiving as hell. I dont have a fav move(except for a few sig gathers) Just know your team, know your plays and play to their strengths and just keep in mind that its not going to be pretty all the time. depending on skill level, it's going to be broken plays just have to look for better options or get the ball to your best shooter and let it fly. We all want highlight reels on every play but in reality lebron dosent dunk everytime down the floor. Sportscenter just makes it seem that way. Double crossover is probably one of the better iso moves. If you dont master anything, master double cross and try using a hopstep after.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The simple hand to hand quick crossover works on every single level and ganestyle when timed right....
Old 10-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

my favorite move so far is the drifting jumpshot off the pick and roll or off the isolation with dwyane wade. The up and under moves are also very nice and effective
Old 10-07-2010, 08:59 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

I really like using the signature gathers to a jumpshot or fadeway. An easy way to create space and it is pretty effective too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 9

What are the signature gathers? I know in 2K10 were supposed to be quite a lot of Signature moves, but I failed to recognize them.

How do you to those (on the PS3) and how do you do the drifters?
Old 10-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #7
Banned

mine is the spin move out of the protect dribble when im bringing the ball upcourt. sorta like this:

the spin is a bit slower in 2K though, which i like
Old 10-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arven
What are the signature gathers? I know in 2K10 were supposed to be quite a lot of Signature moves, but I failed to recognize them.

How do you to those (on the PS3) and how do you do the drifters?
Just press triangle when you're standing still.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »