Home

2K11 IS SELLING OUT!

This is a discussion on 2K11 IS SELLING OUT! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-06-2010, 08:11 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon14 2K11 IS SELLING OUT!

NOTE: I had already preordered my copy on Amazon and knew it was waiting at home for me. I just wanted to conduct my own research on how well 2K11 is doing (FYI, all sold copies were the 360 version).

Yesterday after work, I went to two Best Buys, two Gamestops and one Walmart around my area ... and they are completely sold out!

One employee at one Best Buy told me they had 30 copies stacked on the shelves in the morning and by mid-afternoon, sold the last one. An employee at the other Best Buy said they had around 40 copies, all gone by noon. Both Gamestops had around 15 copies, but all were sold due to preorders. So my last stop was Walmart, only to be surprised that when I got there someone purchased the last copy.

Has it been like this by you guys? 2K11 selling out at your retail establishments?

This game is sick! Animations are unbelievable and the gameplay's awesome; finally, NO MORE CHEESERS ONLINE! All hail to King 2K, lord of all basketball video games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 08:20 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 2K11 IS SELLING OUT!

Don't know, don't care. Always rent first, then buy VIA gamefly.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
Don't know, don't care. Always rent first, then buy VIA gamefly.
That's kind of unnecessarily rude.

Back on topic, this is great, the game deserves to get this kind of sales. A few patches here and there and then we can say "Job well done, 2k!"
Old 10-06-2010, 08:24 AM   #4
Pro

LoWw's Arena

OVR: 9

No need to rent this game first!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:27 AM   #5
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOsvaldo
NOTE: I had already preordered my copy on Amazon and knew it was waiting at home for me. I just wanted to conduct my own research on how well 2K11 is doing (FYI, all sold copies were the 360 version).

Yesterday after work, I went to two Best Buys, two Gamestops and one Walmart around my area ... and they are completely sold out!

One employee at one Best Buy told me they had 30 copies stacked on the shelves in the morning and by mid-afternoon, sold the last one. An employee at the other Best Buy said they had around 40 copies, all gone by noon. Both Gamestops had around 15 copies, but all were sold due to preorders. So my last stop was Walmart, only to be surprised that when I got there someone purchased the last copy.

Has it been like this by you guys? 2K11 selling out at your retail establishments?

This game is sick! Animations are unbelievable and the gameplay's awesome; finally, NO MORE CHEESERS ONLINE! All hail to King 2K, lord of all basketball video games!
Why would you waste your day checking stores that are sold out of the game that you already have?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2010, 08:53 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

In my area in Columbus, OH, it's been like this since 2K10. Last year all of my Wal-marts and Gamestops sold out in a few hours for 2-3 days. I was at Wal-mart at midnight on release night and the 30 copies went in under 10 minutes. I called 8 or 9 other Wal-marts in my city once I got home empty-handed and they said they all sold out in under 20 minutes as well. And every single time they'd say "But we have a stack of Live 10".

I'm sure 2K11 will be very hard to find for a week or so in many areas.

Last edited by RIZDRAVER; 10-06-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:55 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoWw
No need to rent this game first!
But if you do through Gamefly and select "keep" you get it new for $40! That's what I'm doing.

Old 10-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

@jake.......im guessing and this is just a guess it's not like I saw it in his post but......maybe because he wantted to see how the game was saleiing un his area.....just a guess

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »