Home

2K Newbie Questions (Stats & My Player Mode)

This is a discussion on 2K Newbie Questions (Stats & My Player Mode) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Icon5 2K Newbie Questions (Stats & My Player Mode)

hey,
Is there a Detail Page somewhere for NBA 2K10? Explaining Stats and Game Modes in Clear details? I could barely interpret the info they give us on each Stats.. the Information given just seem so vague to me..

I just recently started a PF on "My Player" Mode and so now every points kinda count for me since I cant make my guy go 99 on everything like on regular Roster..

Here are my Questions:
- Speed & Quickness, which one increase your Running Speed without Turbo on? What are the difference?
- Does Quickness help you shoot, rebound, steal faster? In game it says something like "moves around the court".. isn't that Speed? or Does it help your guy get/avoid Screens better?
- Do Hustle help increase your chance of Rebounding? Me being a Powerforward, I just wanna know which Stat should I invest in 1st? Vertical, Hustles, Hands, Rebounds (How is the Rebound stat broken?)
- How does Stamina work? Does it only increase the time you can use Turbo? improve Stamina Regeneration Rate? anything else..?
- Does a Pointguard with 99 Speed run faster than a Center with 99 Speed?
- Are some Drills on My Player Mode just way more economical than others? Like Shooting Drill gives 1 point into Inside Scoring which cost 275 on its own to upgrade while Defensive Drill gives 1 point to Defensive Awareness which cost 45 on its own.. Or am I missing something =/
- How exactly do points in Defensive Low Post, On Ball Defense, & Defensive Awareness help your Player (My Player Mode)? Does Defensive Awareness only help when you are Double-Teaming? And say if I (the Controller) suck at defending in general (have hard time containing my man by positioning, often mistime blocks) would extra points in Defensive Low Post & On Ball Defense help in anyway?

Thanks for your time

Last edited by BlockMe; 09-06-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: added Q
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 6
Re: 2K Newbie Questions (Stats & My Player Mode)

everything is explained in the game : /

u just have to go on each attribute and see the detail of it at the bottom of the screen
Old 09-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Speed & Quickness, which one increase your Running Speed without Turbo on? What are the difference?
Speed = movement with the ball. Quickness = movement without the ball. i think turbo is relative

Quote:
Does Quickness help you shoot, rebound, steal faster? In game it says something like "moves around the court".. isn't that Speed? or Does it help your guy get/avoid Screens better?
i'm not sure about shooting or screens, but i'd imagine quickness would allow u to get into position for rebounds more quickly, move faster on man defense and reach in faster for steals. from my understanding, speed is mainly an offensive attribute

Quote:
Do Hustle help increase your chance of Rebounding? Me being a Powerforward, I just wanna know which Stat should I invest in 1st? Vertical, Hustles, Hands, Rebounds (How is the Rebound stat broken?)
i think hustle is for loose balls & stuff like that. if i were you, i'd invest in vertical first. then rebounds. i have a PF too and can grab about 7rpg without having put any points into rebounding. jumping high goes a long way. i dont think you'll need hustle and hands for rebounding

Quote:
How does Stamina work? Does it only increase the time you can use Turbo? improve Stamina Regeneration Rate? anything else..?
it impacts how long you can stay on the court doing whatever it is you do. it definitely helps you out on turbo, but im sure it also affects other things too like normal running and regeneration

Quote:
Does a Pointguard with 99 Speed run faster than a Center with 99 Speed?
i dont think so

Quote:
Are some Drills on My Player Mode just way more economical than others? Like Shooting Drill gives 1 point into Inside Scoring which cost 275 on its own to upgrade while Defensive Drill gives 1 point to Defensive Awareness which cost 45 on its own.. Or am I missing something
a drill being economical or not might depend on your player. with my big man, i'd be wasting my time doing stuff like the dribble course or attacking the basket (i'd fail), so i tend to go for the ones i know i can pass, like shot defense and rebounding. but just overall, i think dribble course might be the most economical (i think it gives u a shot at speed, which is pretty expensive). but again, if u can't pass it, you've wasted a drill
Old 09-06-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPrince22
Speed = movement with the ball. Quickness = movement without the ball. i think turbo is relative

i'm not sure about shooting or screens, but i'd imagine quickness would allow u to get into position for rebounds more quickly, move faster on man defense and reach in faster for steals. from my understanding, speed is mainly an offensive attribute

Thanks FreshPrince22, I did some searching on this topic and still can't come up with the answer..

I took these from 2ksports Forum @ http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235310

"Quickness helps you get around a defender to drive to the basket" - MuR CripwaLK

"speed =increased movement in a straight direction, quickness = increased change in movement direction" - kris_pareh

"Speed is how fast you go with turbo, and quickness is how quick you are without turbo." - Imtiaz619

"Speed is the fastest you are able to move once you hit top speed. Quickness is how fast you accelerate to reach top speed." - Valdarez

"Quickness is when you have great acceleration in any direction (to the side, to the front, to the back)" - MJisalegend

another Question just pops up actually, ill update this onto the 1st Post aswell:
- How exactly do points in Defensive Low Post, On Ball Defense, & Defensive Awareness help your Player (My Player Mode)? Does Defensive Awareness only help when you are Double-Teaming? And say if I (the Controller) suck at defending in general (have hard time containing my man by positioning, often mistime blocks) would extra points in Defensive Low Post & On Ball Defense help in anyway?

Thanks again for your time
Old 09-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qontrolz
everything is explained in the game : /

u just have to go on each attribute and see the detail of it at the bottom of the screen
I still find those pretty vague. After reading & rereading them, I still cant tell how exactly does that specific stat help my player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 10:49 AM   #6
Rookie

Any help would be much appreciated
Old 09-07-2010, 08:10 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 12

I don't think anyone REALLY knows. This is something 2Ksports needs to improve on. Good tooltips.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

this should cover everything you wanna know (starting at pg 9):

http://www.2ksports.com/downloads/new/all/15

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »