Home

Those of you enjoying ASSOCIATION MODE even after the latest patch, please post here

This is a discussion on Those of you enjoying ASSOCIATION MODE even after the latest patch, please post here within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-04-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21
Those of you enjoying ASSOCIATION MODE even after the latest patch, please post here

I have the game with the 1st patch which is great. I have avoided this latest patch because of all the negative comments I read about it. All the glitches it caused, big men shooting 3s, etc.... I've read that it's pretty much ruined a good game for alot of posters here.

Now, I do know that alot of folks on this site tend to over-react, but I was still afraid to download it because I am already having a blast post patch #1 (if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?).

Anyway, I really wanted to download portlandblazer's classic roster set and attempt to run an association with it. But of course in order to do this, I need to download this patch .

So I am asking everyone who plays mainly association mode to chime in here and tell me that its ok to download this patch. Since I am going to be using this classic roster set, I am ok with running my association mode with player roles and cpu trades off. I will be controlling all 30 teams and will not be doing any trading with this roster set. What about team chemistry? Is this something I need to turn off as well? Is there anything else I should do? Or is association mode so jacked up with this patch that all of this isn't even worth it?

thanks, your comments are appreciated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #2
Rookie

matthewske's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Those of you enjoying ASSOCIATION MODE even after the latest patch, please post h

i run an association after the patch...and it seems to be okay...big men do seem to shoot 3s but trust me they dont shoot step back 3s are come off screens to hit 3s...sometimes they just dwindle out there and if you dont run and close out they will shoot it...its not all that bad cause they are wide wide open it kinda makes sense..u remember how bak in the day rodman would throw up 3s every now and then its kinda like that...but i play with blazers rosters too...and i feel those rosters add more to the game and the other patch stuff than big men shooting 3s takes away...so go for it
Old 02-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Those of you enjoying ASSOCIATION MODE even after the latest patch, please post h

I've been really enjoying the game after the patch. Sure the Big's will shoot a 3 or two, if I leave them open and yes it is annoying. But, I've learned that if you let thing's like this really bother you (especially, in a sport's game) you'll never enjoy the game. You spend your time picking the game apart until the next sport's game comes out. Then you pick it apart. It's a vicious cycle and I refuse to take part in it.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-04-2010, 04:13 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have the 2nd patch, play with player roles, and allow CPU trades. All control all 30 teams so the trade thing is not an issue. I do have the occasional big man launch a three, but it doesn't bother to much, it just means another rebound for the stats sheet.

I am really enjoying my assocaition I tweaked with the sliders and I am having some great games. I have been blown out, I have blown out people, I have lost by a basket, and I have won by a basket. I feel like every games is different and I love it!

Last edited by jlneste; 02-05-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

i started a new association without player roles. as much as i really like the player roles the last few years, having Shaq not launch up 3's was a fair trade-off. really enjoying my franchise. lots of fun. i do miss the player roles since it adds a lot to the off court part of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlneste
I have the 2nd patch, play with player roles, and allow CPU trades. All control all 30 teams so the trade thing is not an issue. I do have the occasional big man launch a three, but it doesn't bother to much, it just means another rebound for the stats sheet.

I am really enjoying my assocaition I tweaked with the sliders and I am having some great games. I have been blown out, I have blown out people, I have lost by a basket, and I have one by a basket. I feel like every games is different and I love it!
Won! Thought I would correct such spelling.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

First off, remember that for those above who talk about a "couple" of big man threes, those are in played games. Simmed games will have 10-12 big man threes. If you care about realistic stats (and certain teams possibly losing games because of this) then you won't want to play with player roles on.

I found the 3pt glitch so irritating that I tossed away a 1 1/2 years of association to restart. I turned off player roles and I still control all 30 teams. The only major change I noticed from the patch that improved gameplay is contact animations. No more having your player always turned sideways a toss up a shot with 2% chance of making it. Different contact animations and better shot percentages for guys in the paint.

I like not having player roles on because I don't have to worry about big man whining about playing time when it is their foul trouble that is the problem. I don't have to worry about backup PGs whining about playing time. I appreciate that because there are a heck of a lot more Najera's in the NBA who don't complain than Iverson's and McGradys. Don't turn on chemistry without player roles because every player will get bumped up 3 and 4 overall because every team has 100% chemistry.

The drawback to no player roles, as I understand it, is that player progression is reduced. Unless a guy has super high potential, you won't see a big bump up for rookies and younger players.

But I am enjoying playing association post patch (with no 3 pt glitch) as I was enjoying play it pre patch (with no 3 pt glitch).
Old 02-04-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
MVP

K_rob11's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comduklakis
First off, remember that for those above who talk about a "couple" of big man threes, those are in played games. Simmed games will have 10-12 big man threes. If you care about realistic stats (and certain teams possibly losing games because of this) then you won't want to play with player roles on.

I found the 3pt glitch so irritating that I tossed away a 1 1/2 years of association to restart. I turned off player roles and I still control all 30 teams. The only major change I noticed from the patch that improved gameplay is contact animations. No more having your player always turned sideways a toss up a shot with 2% chance of making it. Different contact animations and better shot percentages for guys in the paint.

I like not having player roles on because I don't have to worry about big man whining about playing time when it is their foul trouble that is the problem. I don't have to worry about backup PGs whining about playing time. I appreciate that because there are a heck of a lot more Najera's in the NBA who don't complain than Iverson's and McGradys. Don't turn on chemistry without player roles because every player will get bumped up 3 and 4 overall because every team has 100% chemistry.

The drawback to no player roles, as I understand it, is that player progression is reduced. Unless a guy has super high potential, you won't see a big bump up for rookies and younger players.

But I am enjoying playing association post patch (with no 3 pt glitch) as I was enjoying play it pre patch (with no 3 pt glitch).
Thanks for all the responses!

So let me get this straight...

-player roles: OFF
-Chemistry: OFF
-Control all 30 teams (which i plan on doing anyway)

Again, I am going to be using the classic rosters created by portlandblazer in my association so I am not overly concerned about progression.

So if I just do this then I should be ok right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »