Home

Is Downloading Patch #2 Worth it?

This is a discussion on Is Downloading Patch #2 Worth it? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should I download patch #2?
Yes 24 48.00%
No 26 52.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-25-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Is Downloading Patch #2 Worth it?

I play association mode as a GM and sim the games for years and randomly play some games during the season. I've learned due to a lot of the glitches from the patch hinder the overall experience to the mode ex. no player roles, messed up rotations. Also I would have to restart my association if I download it. So the question I ask is, is do you think I should download the patch or hold off until 2k issues a fix (even though they may not)?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Is Downloading Patch #2 Worth it?

Please clarify your votes. Are you saying that for his specific playstyle he shouldn't download it, or are you advising any 2K10 player to not download the patch?
Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

If you are playing a current association and have invested any time at all then no, you shouldn't d'load the patch. I was almost half way through my first season in association when the patch dropped. No way will I start over nor should I, or anyone for that matter, have to.

I'm a big NBA2k fan and find it hard to believe they would leave the game in this state. However, in today's world of "it might cost us a few bucks to fix OUR mistake so we'll just leave it as is" I don't think a fix is coming. It's just the nature of corporate America these days, money before quality. I hope I am proven wrong.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:15 AM   #4
Pro

bigdfan76's Arena

OVR: 12

Ok so I have a question. It would appear not only do you have to turn player roles off but you also lose player morale when you do so. You know the bar that starts around 75 and rises when they are happy or drops when they are not getting enough playing time or having a bad season. Not only that but I just discovered there are no bird rights in the player card screen. Does this mean there are no bird years/rights? I don't see them... Second of all does 2k plan on doing anything about their stupid mistake? Probably not but I figured I'd ask since they have done their best to ruin my association experience... Hell I'm thinking about turning player roles and just living with Duncan and Shaq shooting 250 threes a season, sad... just pitiful 2k.
Baylor Bears Iowa Hawkeyes Texas Longhorns
Old 01-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 8

Unfortunately I haven't played the new patch long enough to give a definite. Only thing I've really noticed improved is less ally oops being thrown by the CPU. AI isn't really mind blowing at this point though as I feel it's actually went down a couple of notches. I find the computer looking for more inside playing than perimeter as secondary. Before the patch, I noticed player were more mid-range playing than interior playing.

This patch for me is a let down. I've found myself playing the game less since certain aspects of the game has gotten worse than better. Not to mention, there has been more glitches added to the game than before the second patch came out.

To each his own I guess.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #6
Supreme

Streets's Arena

OVR: 24

Right now, I LOVE the game and have not downloaded the second patch. The first patch performed miracles and I was really happy with the outcome. Now, I don't have any important associations going because I am a Rockets fan and want to wait and see what happens with T-Mac's contract before I get into it. I too am thinking about sticking with patch #1 if it effects player roles, chemistry, rotations, and bird rights.

Here's my problem though. Is there a way to get the newest rosters after the deadline, without getting the patch (360)?? I feel once I'm online for the rosters, I'm going to be prompted to download the "patch" Someone please help me out!
Old 01-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #7
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Right now, I LOVE the game and have not downloaded the second patch. The first patch performed miracles and I was really happy with the outcome. Now, I don't have any important associations going because I am a Rockets fan and want to wait and see what happens with T-Mac's contract before I get into it. I too am thinking about sticking with patch #1 if it effects player roles, chemistry, rotations, and bird rights.

Here's my problem though. Is there a way to get the newest rosters after the deadline, without getting the patch (360)?? I feel once I'm online for the rosters, I'm going to be prompted to download the "patch" Someone please help me out!
I'm pretty sure you have to download the patch if you go online. If someone has an alternative, I'd also love to know it.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:12 PM   #8
Goon Squad

ProStylez's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't think you can do anything online without downloading the patch, which really sucks. I don't want to DL it but now I can't play NBA Today games

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »