Home

3 Point Shooting Tendency Issue Fix Thread and Discussion

This is a discussion on 3 Point Shooting Tendency Issue Fix Thread and Discussion within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #1
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

OVR: 52
3 Point Shooting Tendency Issue Fix Thread and Discussion

Obviously people are discussing this in the impressions thread, but I thought it might be good to start a thread that is less cluttered and solely focused on figuring out ways to get around this and maybe accept some trade-offs. This is a pretty big issue too. So PS3 guys who have tested or are willing to test, could you post some information and scenarios you cam across here?

Some things to consider and let us know about:

Do you see the problem in simmed games, games you play, or both?

What roster set did you use (2K official or a particular custom roster and which one)?

Did you turn off Team Chemistry?

Did you try starting a new Association with Team Chemistry off?

Did you turn off Player Roles?

Did you try starting a new Association with Player Roles off?

Did you do a combination of these things?

Most importantly, did you get the issue to stop for both simmed games and user controlled games and how exactly did you do so?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: 3 Point Shooting Tendency Issue Fix Thread and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambf12
Obviously people are discussing this in the impressions thread, but I thought it might be good to start a thread that is less cluttered and solely focused on figuring out ways to get around this and maybe accept some trade-offs. This is a pretty big issue too. So PS3 guys who have tested or are willing to test, could you post some information and scenarios you cam across here?

Some things to consider and let us know about:

Do you see the problem in simmed games, games you play, or both?

What roster set did you use (2K official or a particular custom roster and which one)?

Did you turn off Team Chemistry?

Did you try starting a new Association with Team Chemistry off?

Did you turn off Player Roles?

Did you try starting a new Association with Player Roles off?

Did you do a combination of these things?

Most importantly, did you get the issue to stop for both simmed games and user controlled games and how exactly did you do so?

I'm in the second year of my association, so I have no plans to restart. I'll just quit the game first. MLB the Show isn't that far off.

I've seen the problems mostly in simmed games. In the games I've played, it's usually just 1 or 2 crazy 3 pointers from big men. On simmed games, I am seeing 12 and 13 three pointers by big men. Enough to cost a team the game certainly. For example the Spurs are dominating inside with Duncan, Jermain O'Neal, and Shaq. Suddenly they are shooting 12 threes a game between the 3 of them. Are you telling me that losing 12 possessions (since they aren't making them) isn't a big deal and couldn't cost them making the playoffs if this happens game after game?

I only use the 2k official rosters. Team Chemistry was on, I turned it off (not restarting a new association obviously) and the problem was still there. I wasn't aware you could turn off player roles in association. I'll have to look into that.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

yeah i hear you. it will be interesting to see what others are saying about starting fresh etc. a few people said they could fix it. either way, it's good for us on the 360 to have a heads up.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #4
MVP

Definately seems to a much bigger problem in sim games that in played games. Played the Knicks. Jeffries tossed up a corner three, was sorta open, shot clock was not running down. David Lee came off a screen and caught the ball at the top of the three circle the same way we've seen a million SG's do it, but he tossed up a three and an airball. In Jeffries case it was his first 3 of the year, but he has taken as many as 50 in a season five years ago so it wasn't too outlandish. I did notice that Clark Kellog made no comment about it being a a bad shot, where as when I take a bad 3 with one of my bigs, he generally says something. Lee also took a couple other questionable shots from outside that were not threes without the shot clock going down. Could be an aberration, could be just the Knicks and Dantoni's system, could be the glitch. We shall see.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #5
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

OK, I think I've pinpointed the issue, at least the simulated stats issue.

If you start a new Association mode (rosters don't matter, whether default or edited) and turn Player Roles OFF, the simulated three point stats are perfect. I took video of me walking through the three test sims I ran (just Player Roles OFF, just Team Chemistry OFF, both OFF) but my new Mac doesn't a Firewire 400 input, so I won't be able to post that.

The reason why I previously thought the issue was team chemistry was in my test yesterday I turned off both Team Chemistry AND Player Roles (I always turn off Player Roles, just never have liked that feature). So when the 3-pt stats were OK I assumed it was because Team Chemistry was off. Wrong, I am now positive it is Player Roles.

The bad news is because you cannot turn off Player Roles after you have started an Association, anyone who has as Association going, downloads this patch, and continues advancing will have the messed up sim stats from that point on (unless 2K creates a fix).

Hope this helps. For the record, in the four post-patch games I have actually played I have NOT seen any questionable 3-pt attempts by big men. Just not seeing it.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Kings / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
XBox: MizzouRhino

Last edited by rspencer86; 01-13-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

If you start a new Association mode (rosters don't matter, whether default or edited) and turn Player Roles OFF, the simulated three point stats are perfect. I took video of me walking through the three test sims I ran (just Player Roles OFF, just Team Chemistry OFF, both OFF) but my new Mac doesn't a Firewire 400 input, so I won't be able to post that.

The reason why I previously thought the issue was team chemistry was in my test yesterday I turned off both Team Chemistry AND Player Roles (I always turn off Player Roles, just never have liked that feature). So when the 3-pt stats were OK I assumed it was because Team Chemistry was off. Wrong, I am now positive it is Player Roles.

The bad news is because you cannot turn off Player Roles after you have started an Association, anyone who has as Association going, downloads this patch, and continues advancing will have the messed up sim stats from that point on (unless 2K creates a fix).

Hope this helps. For the record, in the four post-patch games I have actually played I have NOT seen any questionable 3-pt attempts by big men. Just not seeing it.
This is great news for me at least.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #7
Support Sim

BroMontana82's Arena

yeah thanks a ton man. have you tried testing team chemistry off but keeping player roles on?
Old 01-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #8
Pro

erich20012001's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86

This is good news for when the patch comes to 360. Were their no questionable 3-pt attempts in simmed games as well?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »