Home

Is 2k10 worth trading live10 in for?

This is a discussion on Is 2k10 worth trading live10 in for? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-13-2009, 04:08 PM   #1
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
Is 2k10 worth trading live10 in for?

I'm starting to get bored with live so I was wondering if it's worth trading it in towards 2k?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 04:12 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Is 2k10 worth trading live10 in for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
I'm starting to get bored with live so I was wondering if it's worth trading it in towards 2k?
If you are truly done with Live I would say yes. 2K10 imo is an incredible game. It offers the whole package if you ask me. Peace!!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

In my opinion I would not trade Live for 2K I have 2k and trust me I am a Die Hard 2k fan but I deceided to pick up Live this year. I get all EA games for 20dollars so I said what hell it can't hurt. I picked up Live and I'll tell you 2k has better presentaion in some areas but Live gameplay is killing it man 2k took away all the iso crossover moves so it's real hard to free your man up this year. Live just play smoother and the rebounding is better. 2k get my nod with the alley oops and the tip dunks besides that Live kicked its butt this year and I can't wait to see next years improvements 2k better step it up.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

You get a better answer in these forums

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/basketball-other/

But, IMO I say keep both. Both are really good games. One does something better than the other but, it's up to you man. Check out the demo of 2k10 and how you like it. To each his own. You may not like it, you may love it, but, you won't know until you play it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 12-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32
You get a better answer in these forums

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/basketball-other/

But, IMO I say keep both. Both are really good games. One does something better than the other but, it's up to you man. Check out the demo of 2k10 and how you like it. To each his own. You may not like it, you may love it, but, you won't know until you play it.
DJ32 this the best possible answer he can get from this thread. Disregard my advice and roll with this. Peace!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
go to your local video store, spend 6 bucks and rent 2k. Then make a decision.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:17 PM   #7
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe211
In my opinion I would not trade Live for 2K I have 2k and trust me I am a Die Hard 2k fan but I deceided to pick up Live this year. I get all EA games for 20dollars so I said what hell it can't hurt. I picked up Live and I'll tell you 2k has better presentaion in some areas but Live gameplay is killing it man 2k took away all the iso crossover moves so it's real hard to free your man up this year. Live just play smoother and the rebounding is better. 2k get my nod with the alley oops and the tip dunks besides that Live kicked its butt this year and I can't wait to see next years improvements 2k better step it up.
?
Some of the moves in 2k are almost too easy to get open shots with. And the rebounding in Live is the reason that I DIDN'T get it. In 2k10, I feel like the person with better position gets the rebound. In Live, it's pretty much just random with the weird rebound animations that they have.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #8
Strategy

OVR: 36

this is the deal. NBA 2k keeps a level of excitement. The game is so in depth, the experience keeps you wanting more. That's my opinion. Pose the same question in the Live forum...I bet you'll likely get the same response from those who have both games, like myself. The games are on different levels. Both good games, but not both on the same level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »