Home

Is this hockey or basketball?

This is a discussion on Is this hockey or basketball? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 12-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #1
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18
Is this hockey or basketball?

I hate playing online or on default sliders because I feel as if my players are skating on ice. 2K please make the controls like how you guys did it in 2K8 so that we have more control of our players. I want this to be a basketball game not a hockey game.

I know with tweaking the sliders it helps a little but playing on default sliders and online isn't fun because of the slide effect that leads to lack of controls.

I think NBA 2K11 needs to focus alot on player control, less sliding. Make it feel like "basketball" not hockey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #2
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Is this hockey or basketball?

Not really sure what you mean. I absolutely love the way this game plays with the only exception that I can think of at the moment (although I'm sure there's a few small things) is the animation where you're driving and you try to lay it in and your guy jumps into the defender and just throws up a really ugly shot. That animation happens way too much in my opinion, but other than that, and the awkwardness of the tip-dunks (where it forces a guy to miss the rebound so that the guy behind him can slam it in) I think this game plays very well.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 12-06-2009, 07:44 PM   #3
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

What I mean is I feel the players are sliding. The game lacks player control. Play this game and play NBA 2K8 and you will notice what I am talking about.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

This is my first year playing 2k, but I know exactly what you are talking about. Change of direction delays, round about pathing, and that slide feel, along with the 'cpu' forcing my players into really awkward paths attempting to run to the corner on fast breaks are quite bothersome. I think some of it definitely needs to be fixed, but also wonder how much signature moves and other animations, which I really like, require that sort of motion.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

I just watched a bunch of kids playing 2k8 the other day and it reminded me of how they had those animations where you would be trying to dribble around someone and couldn't get by, and all of a sudden it would do an awkward animation where you just blew by and there was nothing the defense could do about it. I like the gameplay of 2k10 much much more than 2k8, which is why i just can't play CH2k8 anymore.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM   #6
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

^ the gameplay is improved from 2K8 but the controls took a step backward.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Not really sure what you mean.
I'm w/you. There are some irritating anims here or there but given the huge amount of animations the game contains (still seeing new ones) that's understandable. I really don't get the "go back to 2K8" chants from some. If I remember correctly I remember some talking incessantly about how superior Live's footplanting was to 2K8 that year. As per usual w/the hardcore, fast forward a few years and all of a sudden it's remembered as being the glory days. If anything extended animations dictated movement far more then than they do now imo. I'm too lazy to go back to the impressions of those days but I'm pretty sure that was the case

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »