Home

Avoiding contact? My Player

This is a discussion on Avoiding contact? My Player within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

OVR: 4
Avoiding contact? My Player

I'm having a really hard time scoring with my new post-patch My Player because I'm triggering a contested-shot animation on every possession. Rarely a foul call. There's three animations I see: 1.) under the basket, jump up and flail around and throw the ball up, 2.) under the basket, looks like he's going to attempt a tomahawk slam but ends up shotputting the ball, and 3.) anywhere on the court, I pull up for a jumper and the defender has his arms straight up and I do an awkward quadruple-clutch shot.

1.) and 2.) aren't a huge deal, I'm always in traffic when it happens so it makes sense. It's annoying if I grab on offensive rebound and have beautiful position right under the basket, but end up doing a weird Tyler Hansbrough layup, minus the foul call. But not a huge deal.

3.) is killing me though. If I'm barreling down the lane and try a jumper with a man breathing on me, fine, trigger that animation. The problem is it seems like I can never avoid it. The man guarding me will be 5 feet in front of me so I pull up for a jumper, and the defender will magically slide into perfect defensive position, standing straight up with his arms vertical. It's frustrating.

Players on both teams seem to be doing it too. Never noticed this pre-patch. What can I do to avoid this, other than only taking jumpers when there's nobody else within a mile of me?

Edit: Oh my god, I just started another game (still in summer league) and it's like the new cool thing to do. It's like everybody is modeling their game after Hansbrough... 4/5 shots taken by all players are one of those three animations.

Last edited by asterisk; 11-08-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Avoiding contact? My Player

I'm having same experience here. I can understand it needing to be tougher down low, but it seems like overkill. It's annoying as hell. There's times when it doesn't even look like there's contact and that animation is triggered. I try fading away and the animation is triggered as well. My Player is on the celtics, and Garnett ends up doing that lame animation 2 out of 3 times and usually misses.

Is there a skill we can train up to avoid it? SIT or STR maybe?
Old 11-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 49

lets hope another patch comes out to fix the stuff that didnt get fixed and got broken in the current patch...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I had this videoed from my last games. I actually have one where the animation takes place with no contact made at all. For anyone that tells you it's something you're doing, ignore their stupidity, you did in fact just witness it. Notice how Andrew Bynum, the defender slides in and the animation begins.

View My Video

Last edited by INVALID; 11-09-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:12 AM   #5
Rookie

asterisk's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by INVALID
Yep, that's exactly what keeps happening to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljax
I've noticed some of these issues too, but i'm able to play around it and still average around 25 points and 13 assist. Maybe, like Duke your just not playing well.
I'm playing around it by only shooting 19-foot jump shots or driving and dunking it and it's worked out all right so far, still averaging around 40 points a game (summer league haha) but it'd be nice to be able to shoot from the elbow without a defender sliding into me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »