Home

Congrats and thanks to the 2k team

This is a discussion on Congrats and thanks to the 2k team within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 11-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43
Congrats and thanks to the 2k team

Just wanted to have one thread showing only appreciation for the improvements that the patch has made. There are plenty of threads discussing "beta testing" and "what should and shouldn't be" in the release. Some people know that I have had some particularly strong feelings about aspects of this game out of the box myself.

However, there has been a lot of that, and will be plenty more.

Beyond everything, I've never questioned that these guys work hard to accomplish their goals and please their fans, and for the most part, this patch has been pretty damn successful. The hard work has paid off, and this is unquestionably a better basketball simulation, and a better videogame after the patch.

So nice job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Congrats and thanks to the 2k team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bornindamecca
Just wanted to have one thread showing only appreciation for the improvements that the patch has made. There are plenty of threads discussing "beta testing" and "what should and shouldn't be" in the release. Some people know that I have had some particularly strong feelings about aspects of this game out of the box myself.

However, there has been a lot of that, and will be plenty more.

Beyond everything, I've never questioned that these guys work hard to accomplish their goals and please their fans, and for the most part, this patch has been pretty damn successful. The hard work has paid off, and this is unquestionably a better basketball simulation, and a better videogame after the patch.

So nice job.
So you have come to the light, so 2k is a SIM to you now, cool, thats what I was telling you, all the elements were there just needed to be excuted properly, 2k has done that, and im close to saying this is the least cheezeable game I have played in a while. NOBODY CAN SCORE OVER 38 POINTS ON ME CAUSE I KNOW THE DEFENSE IN AND OUT, I COULD NOT BE THIS EFFECTIVE BEFORE, IM LOVING IT.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #3
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Great work on the patch. Very pleased with the out come and how it improved a already really good game. I'd be interested in seeing what the score would be now if someone reviewed it.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Cash
So you have come to the light, so 2k is a SIM to you now, cool, thats what I was telling you, all the elements were there just needed to be excuted properly, 2k has done that, and im close to saying this is the least cheezeable
This is an appreciation thread. If you want to go tit for tat, I will gladly do so at a more appropriate time and place. This thread is just to appreciate the effort to overcome the drawbacks of a tight development schedule.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
Thats Pretty Funny

Gmoney2002's Arena

OVR: 12

The patch in IMO, was a major success.

Most of the GAMEPLAY issues that were brought to light have been addressed. The bonus and surprise for me is the contact animations and their variety contextually.

The fatigue issue however, is one that's still open ended. It really didn't need to be altered IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 03:08 PM   #6
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Bravo 2K....

I remember Simballer (2k dev) saying how the patch would yield a ton of surprises for the better, and boy did they ever come through in the clutch, when the naysayers and nattering nabobs cursed their product to the high heavans. They hit it out of the park with this patch, in so doing, they may have just put the icing on the cake to will amount to the best b-ball sim to date!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:17 PM   #7
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

I really do like this patch. It has done a lot of gameplay stuff well.

Appreciated 2K, thanks.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 26

yeah im satisfied.

the game is much better now.
you can actually foul the cpu now.
and there is no horrible framerate.

good job and thank you 2k.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »