Home

Defense in 2k10 really represents TODAY NBA STYLE

This is a discussion on Defense in 2k10 really represents TODAY NBA STYLE within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Defense in 2k10 really represents TODAY NBA STYLE

people here crying about defense is really not paying attention to the NBA hard. i think people dont want a simulation sports game, just a game that has the sport in it. defense has changed in the NBA, alot of defense are build around leaving assignments and closing out fast scheme.

many people here complain that players not staying on there man in 2k10. well in order to reflect REAL LIFE DEFENSE they have to follow suit. if anyone is watching the bulls and spurs game and just watch how BOTH teams play. you tell me just how close other players are from there assignment beside the ball handler majority of the time they are not even guarding them up close especially when they are not moving

i believe 2k is in a lose-lose situation. they try to capture TRUE LIFE styles but the consumers dont respect how the NBA plays
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Defense in 2k10 really represents TODAY NBA STYLE

Unlike real life in 2K10 its to easy to pass in the paint in score, scoring in the paint is to easy. Also the user should have the ability to have more or total control of defensive assignments, double teams, help defense etc, and a players defensive movements. But I see what your saying though by watching the game tonight.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Unlike real life in 2K10 its to easy to pass in the paint in score, scoring in the paint is to easy. Also the user should have the ability to have more or total control of defensive assignments, double teams, help defense etc, and a players defensive movements. But I see what your saying though by watching the game tonight.
Hopefully the easy points in the paint will be fixed, as 2K claims.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #4
Rookie

i never said it perfect but that point in the paint is because VIDEO GAME Basketball are missing the MOST KEY COMPONENT in REAL NBA defense

COMMUNICATION. 2k and EA has to composite for that somehow and i wish i new the answer to that
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #5
Pro

StankonYa's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah you have a good point there, but that's mostly old school cats like myself, whom when up against a good team ......loves the challenge of shutting em' down!!......if at all possible. OTB you'll be hard pressed to shutdown any team(Celts vs B-Cats anyone

In todays nba, you don't see that type of thing happen as much, but for a video game ........ it would be nice to see all that hard defensive work, you put in mean something.

Last edited by StankonYa; 10-29-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StankonYa
Yeah you have a good point there, but that's mostly old school cats like myself, whom when up against a good team ......loves the challenge of shutting em' down!!......if at all possible. OTB you'll be hard pressed to shutdown any team(Celts vs B-Cats anyone

In todays nba, you don't see that type of thing happen as much, but for a video game ........ it would be nice to see all that hard defensive work, you put in mean something.
even the celtics does this style and they do it the most because they close out fast and have great defensive communication. video games cant replicate the communication aspect of real NBA so they just do the best they can
Old 10-29-2009, 10:40 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 25

I think you're right. But if to really reflect that game style out of the box they would have to tune the shooting way down, and I think we know how that would go over with the general public. So its a catch 22. Simulate real NBA(looks wise), yet keep it video gamey enough for a 10 year old to play and enjoy.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I dont think the REAL RON ARTEST can be beaten on a backdoor cut by SCOLA

not once, not twice, but 60% of the time during a game

its close but still has the bugs like everyone says

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »