Home

CPU Assists are ruining this game for me

This is a discussion on CPU Assists are ruining this game for me within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-29-2009, 03:54 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
CPU Assists are ruining this game for me

Every single game I play, no matter what tweaks I do with the sliders, the cpu manages to put up well over 30 assists a game. This is just ridiculous. Every other stat I get is spot on for the most part, but oh no, not assists. Is there a slider set out there that takes care of this problem. Even worse, I am playing on pc so I don't get the patch (imagine that). please help.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: CPU Assists are ruining this game for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmv787
Every single game I play, no matter what tweaks I do with the sliders, the cpu manages to put up well over 30 assists a game. This is just ridiculous. Every other stat I get is spot on for the most part, but oh no, not assists. Is there a slider set out there that takes care of this problem. Even worse, I am playing on pc so I don't get the patch (imagine that). please help.
Patch will tone down the assist. Be patient.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

Been a problem for 2K for a long time....Hopefully the patch will take care of it like they said it would....Go J-Hawks by the way!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:35 AM   #4
Strategy

OVR: 36

I'm seeing a lot of assists as well. Not sure exactly how many though. Can't wait for the patch.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
stewaat

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmv787
If you're going to respond people at least read his entire post!

Honestly man I don't know what to tell you. It's just a flaw in the game...I hope you figure it out!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 10

Game I just played, Nuggets (me) had 37 assists and Jazz (CPU) had 27. I had four players with over five assists LOL.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:36 PM   #7
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

If you can play this way, I just got sliders off of 2kshare (the most populare ones, Dev v2) and I changed gamespeed to 60 and play 8 minute quarters to increase the overall speed of the game.
Fouls are all maxed out also.

The CPU only had 27 assists and took 18 FT's....I won 89-87.

It was amazing.

I think the secret is that ASSISTS are linked to Free throws, which are linked to FOULS which are linked to CPU driving tendency. If you can increase fouls, which increases FT's, you lower your total baskets made and in return also lower the assists. In my game, the CPU made something like 35 shots and had 27 assists. So without a patch right now you are looking at about 4/5 baskets registering an assist just because the CPU does a lot of drive and dishing.

I'm using NOGSTER's Rosters and Dev v2 sliders with 8 min and 60 gamespeed and I think I've found my best set yet.

Does the PC have any kind of slider share feature? Also, can people MOD the actual game? Because if they could, I'd think this would be a key point.

Personally, I haven't bought a PC game in years.
Finally, if nothing else works, try to just look past the assists. If you can't do this, then I'm sorry because the rest of the game is a gem.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7

Here is a small fix.

change the tendencies and off-awareness of the cpu. After that, higher the fouls for the user. While playing, you should try to commit more fouls when the C and PF are making those magic johnson like passes to the corner for 3 or to the wing. Because there aren't enough fouls in the game the cpu just runs the plays and looks to score that way.
Lastly, turn the run plays slider down under 10. If the team has a perimeter superstar, they will go to him on the "freelance" plays. Try to give him the mid-range J or 3 by backing off him just a bit, but do not allow him to zip passes underneath for dunks/lay-ups. If the superstar is a post player then try guarding him one-on-one as much as possible. Forcing him to not kick out passes to open PG (your pg tends to double everyone) which you should be guarding him yourself and allow the cpu to guard the post player alone.

This is what i've been doing and the CPU went from 35-40 assist (with a good team) per game to 18-25 which is closer to realistic.

also, teams like the Kings/Warriors/Grizzlies I try to make them isolate as much as possible. They should be in the mid-teens as far as assist with all the ball-hogs on each team (minus Steph Curry, Mike Conley).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »