Home

NBA.Com within Association is LIVING!!!

This is a discussion on NBA.Com within Association is LIVING!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
NBA.Com within Association is LIVING!!!

I love checking out NBA.com within the association, their is players quotes, brief game synopsis and a good looking milestone picture with what transpired. Cool little milestone pics CP3 gets his 3000th asst, D. Wade record franchise best 58pts. The page looks like a website. With NBA Today and the amount of info going on in the league, I check this page after every game, to see who's hot/who's not and what player maybe wanting opt out of his contract or demanding a trade. This is the 1st time I have sustained a franchise game without worrying about the start of the real season and correct rosters. Its just so alive with "STUFF" it is its own little world and I don't want to disrupt it with real world stuff.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #2
stewaat

OVR:
Re: NBA.Com within Association is LIVING!!!

I agree 100%. I like to separate my video game and the real world. That's just how I like to get involved in my Association.

I'm controlling all 30 teams and play 29 game seasons.

After 10 games I'm going to look at some stats and records. If a rookie is on a bad team and he has a washed up guy in front of him, his minutes are getting a boost with shot tendencies.

I can't wait to make things progress appropriately in my Association. Finally we have the freedom to make it what we want.

BTW when the offseason comes I'm going to have a lot of fun. Teams are not going to look the same.

Old 10-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 9

They have done a solid job with immersing you in the Association world. I really like the NBA.com interface. I also think the "NBA Today" presentation pieces are great too. I actually find myself listening to the commentary when they talk about previous meetings between the teams, past stat lines for players, etc. I usually tune out the commentary in sports games since it gets stale quick. I hope this stays fresh.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

^ According to the 2k Dev team, it will stay fresh all year. It really is turning into a masterpiece. Of course everything could always use improvements but it is exactly what they hyped it as. Which leaves me satisfied so far.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 11

I'd like to be able to play other games, at least watch the CPU v CPU. I guess it's possible if all teams are set to user control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

Yeah it is very good, the best part for it for me. The reason I bought this game instead of the other game.

Anyways, where are these quotes your talking about? I've never seen them. They sound pretty cool.
Old 10-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #7
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Best season mode in any game ever IMO
Old 10-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Yeah, Association Mode is the ****. I love simming to the next day because just like real life you never know when that next big trade will happen or if a guy will say he is testing the free agent market after the season. Another really cool thing is players retiring in the middle of the season. In my Cavs Association Bobby Jackson retired in December. Also, there was a headline on NBA.com that said Kurt Thomas is retiring at the end of the season.

My only 2 issues right now:

-The trade logic is a little off. The Rockets and Blazers swapped Trevor Ariza for Andre Miller and then about 2 weeks later, they basically did a trade back and swapped them again.

-2010 Free Agency. All those big ticket 2010 free agents like CB4, D Wade and Amare are all happy as can be and want to re-sign with their teams so its looking like the craziness that's supposed to happen IRL isn't going to happen in my Association. I was hoping at least 1 or 2 of these guys would go to Free Agency or at least have that thing where they say in their Player Card that they want to test Free Agency but could still re-sign with their current team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »