Home

Old 10-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
The Crowd

this needs so much work. I know gameplay is the most important thing, but what is 2K doing with their crowd design?

First off....there should be plenty of empty seats as the game begins, and gradually fill up as the game progresses. NO arena is filled to capacity at the start in the 3rd game of the season against some crap team like the Kings or Bucks.

Second, why is the crowd CONSTANTLY standing and clapping, ALL GAME LONG? Sit the hell down! I know they want to create an exciting atmosphere, but come on. The score is 20-20, start of the 2nd Quarter, and the crowd is on its feet like it's Game 1 of the NBA Finals. Tone that down, please. They can sit and clap for the majority of the game, and stand up and go crazy for great plays and the fourth quarter if its a close game. This is very, very annoying.

Third.....ok. This boggles my mind. I remember in 2K6 I think it was, if the home or road team was getting blown out in the 4th, there would be a cutscene of the crowd filing out and leaving, and the arena would be half empty and very quiet. This was AWESOME. For some inexplicable reason, 2K did away with it and brought back the zombie crowd thats always going ape****, even in the final minutes of a blowout loss. WTF. 2K, PLEASE bring this back. It was one of my favorite crowd designs of all time, and there was no reason at all to get rid of it.

Fourth and final thing.....there needs to be dynamic attendance. Dude, if my team is under .500, my arena shouldn't be sold out every single game. There should be plenty of open seats if my team sucks ***. Conversely, if I go on an insane win streak, you will begin to see a spike in attendance. This makes perfect sense and would add to the realism of the sim basketball world.

I hope you guys agree with me.

Last edited by Hard Oakley Foul; 10-09-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: The Crowd

Agree totally on all points.

"Zombie" is a good way to describe the crowd.

It's dissapointing particularly that the playoff / NBA finals crowds aren't really much better either. The crowd is very quite.

I am also not sure why you hear what sounds like 4 choir girls whispering "you're going to miss it, you're going to miss it" when you're at the free throw line. I would have though loud booing would have been better.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 PM   #3
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

seems like even 2k9s crowds were better then this lol....am I wrong?

I hate that the crowd doesnt scream when Bron does his intro....I dont know whats going on..
Old 10-09-2009, 11:11 PM   #4
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

2K9's crowds were much louder + hyped...especially for the playoffs.

Not sure why they toned them down...?

I have tried all the settings and "on court" is okay. Not close to as loud as Live's crowd though.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 31

People posted endlessly about atmosphere....etc....

So somewhere along the way 2k made every game look like the NBA Finals at MSG.

I hate that dynamic attendance is not in the game. I hate that every stadium is filled and acting crazy during the weekday games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 36

I'm playing the nets vs sixers preseason game and the crowd is going crazy. The crowd should be almost silent in a preseason game especially at the start of the game.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:28 PM   #7
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

This isnt what the Developer Insights talked about having crowds responding at the right moments...they dont boo enough nor react at the right times....its like one HUGE bug in the sound part lol

Lives crowd responds perfectly ingame...
Old 10-09-2009, 11:35 PM   #8
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

The crowd can getvery loud...but then it goes very quiet at times that don't seem to be logical.

The crowd noise is on Ronnie 2K's patch list...can a patch improve a crowd?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »