Home

Auto Double Team in the Low Post

This is a discussion on Auto Double Team in the Low Post within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-02-2009, 04:17 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Auto Double Team in the Low Post

Anybody know how to turn this off? I already set the double team to "NEVER" in the "coaching double/ pressure" but the low post double team is still active!!! Personally this makes the game broken. I was playing against IND today and Josh Roberts was guarded by KG in the low post. When Roberts recieves the ball from Granger, PP came over behind KG (like KG needs help defending Roberts) and left Granger wide open.

Anybody has this kind of problem? I will appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 04:24 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: Auto Double Team in the Low Post

One thing you can do is go into the player matchups screen and change the double team in there to "Never" as well. Another thing I used to do is tap L1 when they did which should call for the double, but since it is already coming, it would call it off. I say L1 since I'm on the PS3, so if your on 360, it's whatever button you press for the double. Try those two things
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 AM   #3
MVP

I already set the double team to never but I have not tried the L1 yet. I guess I need to make a hobby of pressing L1. Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:41 AM   #4
MVP

videobastard's Arena

Wow if setting double team to never does not correct this problem then it needs to be patched. It happens a lot in the demo and people that have the game already say its still there. This guy posted a video of it also. Check out the ray allen play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ougid...eature=channel
Old 10-02-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
MVP

Yeah, the auto double team needs to be patch. Right now I could safelly say that the man to man defense is broken since there is no way to stop your AI teammates from double teamming anyone in the low post. I would not be surprise if Scalabrine will be triple teamed in this game in the low post and he is rated 46 or something overall.

And I can confirm what you see in the video (thanks for the link videobastard) are all present and will constantly haunt your NBA2K10 experience.

I have however found some remedy. Since the auto double team will cause the AI opponent to be free, I set the shooting sliders to 40 (close, medium and long range) so they will miss 40% of the time. On ball defense to 100 to minimize the wide open shot of the AI opponent.

For the AI opponent spamming the paint, lowering the dunk slider to 45 makes them miss the cheap points.

But still, all this gameplay issues really needs to be adressed soon since the more you play the game the more annoying the issues are. Hopefully the PC version gameplay will not suffer the same fate. But with the mod community and all, it should not be a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

do you have your defensive pressure and help defense sliders up?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 AM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockafella2x
do you have your defensive pressure and help defense sliders up?
Well, in the defense slider settings, there are only 2 sliders (steal success and help defense strength).
Old 10-02-2009, 07:00 PM   #8
Banned

Court_vision's Arena

OVR: 25

That's a major flaw if there's no remedy.

Surely if you set an opposition player to never be double teamed...then that player isn't double teamed??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »