Home

The Association - What do you want to know? (2K10)

This is a discussion on The Association - What do you want to know? (2K10) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 09-27-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
We ain't cool de la?

eDotd's Arena

OVR: 53
The Association - What do you want to know? (2K10)

I've decided to really dive into Association today while watching some football. Steve posted some screens (Part 1, Part 2) from the mode if you haven't seen those yet.

The Q&A thread is filled with game play, accessory, and screen shot related questions, this thread will be for Association questions, exclusively.

Keep in mind that some questions may take a while to get to since I mave have to sim to get some answers.

If your question not about or at least related to The Association It will be deleted.

Before you ask a question READ THIS POST. Everything I've answered is in this post or this post. Read it and if you can't find what you're looking for read it again. Use Ctrl + F to open up a query in your browser to search for a specific term, or just use the "search thread" tool located above this post. I will skip over any questions I've already answered. Thank you.

*Dynamic attendance is NOT in the game.
*There are no draft day trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomentousCeltic
Just simmed a season with the 76ers, here are trade offers I recieved:

Raps offer: Quincy Douby for Royal Ivey
Nets offer: Terrance Williams & 2010 1st round pick for Thaddeus Young
Raps offer: Quiny Douby for Royal Ivey (2nd time)
Suns offer: Louis Amundson & Sasha Pavolic for Louis Williams
Clippers offer: Ricky Davis 2010 2nd round pick for Willie Green
Lakers offer: Shannon Brown and 2010 1st round pick for Marreese Speights
Bobcats offer: Dontell Jefferson for Royal Ivey
Spurs offer: Matt Bonner and Malik Hairston for Willie Green
Heat offer: Joel Anthony for Royal Ivey

1. In the season I ust simmed Bosh led the league in rebounds with 13.0, Dwight is next with 12.8
  2. Rondo led the league in assists with 11.9, Kidd second with 11.4, Nash – 10.8, Billups – 9.2, Paul – 9.1
  3. I will get back to you on the rest when I sim a couple more seasons.
Standings

Quote:
CPU Transactions

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coco1
1. Is the summer league and training camp integrated as in my player?

2. Are the simulated stats better than previous 2k games?

3. Does the overall atmosphere of association feel better than 2k9 in terms of wanting to finish a season with a team instead of constantly switching?
1.) No
2.) Yea, although for some reason Bosh almost always leads the league in rebounds. Would like to see CP3 a little higher on the APG list, he seems to always fall to 4-5 on the list. I'll if this is consistent after I sim some more.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermati
1- How is the Free-Agency period for this year?
2- Any changes on the drills you can play with the upcoming draftees?
3- Does the D-League have Standings/Playoffs/Finals/All-Star Game/Awards?
4- Do AI managed teams use 10 day contracts wisely? (e.g. They sign a SG because of injuries.)
5- Are the All-Star votes position specific again? (PG-SG-SF-PF-C and not G-F-C)

Thanks MC!
1.) What do you want to know about it? Be specific please.
2.) Shootaround, 1-1, 2-2, 5-5.
3.) D-League has standings/playoffs (you will get a warning that the D-League playoffs are about to start if you are simming through your season), and statistics/league leaders. I didn't see an all-star game or awards.
4.) I'd have to look again
5.) I'll look again, I simmed straight past the ASG.
Quote:
Draft day options

They're trying to steal him from me..
Quote:
Training camp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff Ryder

Do teams still sign FAs that stack a particular position? Just scroll through the teams I guess when the signing period is up and see if you see teams with 5 PGs or something.
What did LeBron do out of curiosity?
Unfortunately, this still seems to be a problem. I just skimmed through teams by position and the Magic have 5 PG's, the Nets 4, the Nuggets 5, the Rockets 5, and Utah 4. There are other Oddities but the PG seems to the be worst. The worst thing about it is that the teams I listed are already solid at PG. I'm going to sim past the preseason and see how it looks.
Quote:
Not seeing a way to edit coaches.
Quote:
No G-G-F-F-C format for the All-Star process this year.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Love the updates MC. Keep it up. Can't wait to see where the FA's go for 2010...
I think you'll be happy to know the LeBron signed a 6-year extension for ~156 mil.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodima
3. If guys join the Cavs, do they join in on the celebration animation? And if LeBron leaves the Cavs does he take his pre-game with him? Do they continue to do their photo shoot introduction or does he start doing it with his new team - or is the photo shoot celebration gone from the game? Or for any other unique team situations, this is just an example.
Just hopped into a game against the Cavs, they didn't do any of their team-pregame rituals. LeBron still does the powder though I'll check again next time I'm set to play them.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran9413
wow the rockets actually traded t-mac in the game and here are my questions

1.When you look at a players career awards does it show finals mvp

2.during the playoffs does it show a player receiving league mvp

3.what is the playoff atmosphere like

4. Later in the season will commentators discuss award races

5.is the draft any different this year
1.) No

2.) No

3.) Haven't gotten into that yet

4.) Haven't gotten into that yet

Yea
Quote:
Hire/Fire coaches

Quote:
Not seeing any other known guys other than NBA guys for coaches. Doesn't look like assistant coaches or players who've retired will be added to the head coach pool
Quote:
D-League players seem to be generated. I just looked at the official rosters on NBA.com and I don't see one guy represented on his actual team in the game. I don't follow the D-league so if anyone knows somebody that is supposed to be on a team let me know and I'll look.
Quote:
Yes you can edit D-League players. No you can't import D-League rosters.
Quote:
You can not edit the name of players in th D-League. The only time you can edit names is when you're editing a draft class.
Quote:
Injuries throughout the season I just simmed with Cleveland:

Jamario Moon - Twisted Ankle - Day to Day
LeBron James - Broken Finger - 4-6 Weeks
Leon Powe - Flu - Day to Day
Anderson Varejao - Strained MCL - 1-2 Weeks
Daniel Gibson - Twisted Ankle - Day to day
J.J. Hickson - Plantar Fasciitis - 2-4 Weeks
Delonte West - Strained Hamstring - 1-2 Weeks
Leon Powe - Twisted Ankle - Day to day
Daniel Green - Strained Groin 2-4 Weeks
Quote:
Yes you can edit anyone's ratings.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Po Pimp
Is it possible for a strong defender like Shane Battier to make an All Defense team over a guy like Josh Smith who has the better stats (not that J-Smoove is a poor defender)?

That's all I have for now
Looks like it is still stat based. Gerald Wallace and LBJ made All-Defense 1st and 2nd respectively.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJigga
Hey MC, thanks for taking the time to do this.

I was wondering if you can finally split the Mid Level Exception between multiple Free Agents?
No.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streets
Thanks again Mo, I asked these questions before but didn't really get an answer.

1. I was wondering if you could start a Franchise with Houston and tell me if Yao starts the season injured (Steve had a screen shot showing headlines to start the season and one said "Yao will be out indefinitely due to surgery").

2. If you sim through the year could you tell us T-Mac's stats and how much he demands in Free Agency? Basically, can we offer him low money because he's low rated or will he only take big money because he's a big name (assuming he's happy with his playing time)?

3. How does the D-League work? If we send players on our roster down there, do we still keep their rights, and do they improve while there?

4. What is the "Rumor Mill" about in association? Is it just "the trading block" or is there more to it?

5. Are a lot of teams handing out 10-day contracts and have you tried it?

Thanks again for the hard work!
1.) It says he is out indefinitely on the front page but he is active on the roster. I would assume that the first roster update will make it so he isn't active, so if you start an Association that message on the front page will actually make sense.

2.) McGrady's stat line for the season I just simmed is:

16.4 PPG
2.7 RPG
5.2 APG
1.3 SPT
2.5 TOPG
.412 FG%
.33% FG%
.73 FT%
33 MPG

He's asking for ~6 mil a year

Quote:
Rumor Mill

I am not seeing ANY 10-day contracts being handed out by the CPU. I've simmed about 3 individual seasons with different teams and I haven't seen one yet.

I'm also not seeing any type of progression/regression in the D-League. Players will progress/regress when they come up but they don't seem to do anything when I send them down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimBaller
D-League progression is fine, so before you go calling for a patch (without ever playing it mind you), consider these two things:

1) Progression happens in the offseason.
2) Sending any ole player down doesn't mean he will get better. The player needs to have potential, or more specifically, a ceiling he can reach. This ceiling can only be reached by getting him minutes (whether they be in the NBA or the D-League). Just because you send a player down to the D-League doesn't mean he automatically pops up next year rated 2-5 points higher. That would be silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-Con
Honestly, some of the posters on here are acting like Rob Jones boned your girl while you were at work, on you own sheets BTW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Mo is the Operator from the Matrix.

Last edited by eDotd; 09-28-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: The Association - What do you want to know?

1. It's not a gameplay question, but, have you noticed if your assist leaders are mostly in the 9s and 8s like in the screenshots? And does Chris Bosh lead your association in rebounds?

2. If you happen to sim ahead a few seasons, how does the NBA Today stuff hold up? Will they talk about drafted players who've asserted themselves as key players?

3. If guys join the Cavs, do they join in on the celebration animation? And if LeBron leaves the Cavs does he take his pre-game with him? Do they continue to do their photo shoot introduction or does he start doing it with his new team - or is the photo shoot celebration gone from the game? Or for any other unique team situations, this is just an example.

4. Will Clark and Kevin still be talking about the same fluff commentary five or six years down the road? Has anything been done to make the drafted players feel more important as they become more important (kind of another way or asking #2)

thanks for any answers.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 10

how well is the d-league and summer league intergrated? is it realistic?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Rookie

drewbaby1414's Arena

OVR: 7

I want to start off by thanking OS million for all the indepth coverage of the game....I think that if I had just scored this game I would be to selfish to take the time to answer and post all these questions and videos......So tottally appreciatie it.

I was hoping that we could get some video on association. Loved the screens that Steve posted earlier.

I am more curious to see how the free agency works and player progression.

Also would love to see some screens of team by team individual stats. The sim engine appears to be a lot better this year and with alittle tweaking of the tendencies and sliders the stats could be about perfect.

I am really hoping that the rookies develope.

If anyone has had the chance for controlling association with all 30 teams how is that feature?...I think that it sounds like one of the better additions for us stat/franchise junkies.

Again thanks and look forward to jumping in and out of the forum through out the day to check out the info and vids!!!
Old 09-27-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

I just want to know about the DRAFT and how the coaching hired and fired process works.

And will we be able to edit coaches/assistants?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Is Dynamic Attendance in the mode?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 11

are trades and signings by the CPU more realistic now?
Old 09-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

1. Is the summer league and training camp integrated as in my player?

2. Are the simulated stats better than previous 2k games?

3. Does the overall atmosphere of association feel better than 2k9 in terms of wanting to finish a season with a team instead of constantly switching?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »