Home

Calling All CAP Makers

This is a discussion on Calling All CAP Makers within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 08-29-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Calling All CAP Makers

For those who have downloaded the DC - do you think we'll be able to create some decent CAPs? Last years problem was that every created player didn't have eyebrows. That was fixed to an extent this year but it looks as if every player is sad or this "shy" look. Anyways I tried my hands at a Charles Barkley but its not worth posting since he turned out more like Samuel L Jackson. And my Michael Jordan CAP wasn't too great either. Anyways, if anyone has some CAPs they want to share they can post it here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2009, 07:26 PM   #2
Rookie

worm91's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Calling All CAP Makers

I wouldn't mind a few tips, my dude looks like a freak from "the hills have eyes"
Old 08-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 8

The cap system is still mediocre this year. While it's far better than 2K9 it could still use more options. 2K8's version gave out more varied and accurate results. I like the 2K10 method (which is basically a scaled down version of what's found in the Tiger Woods game series), but if you worked really hard with 2K8's system it had better variety. Of course it's big downfall was that for some reason changing one slider would effect several others.

I can only hope that the disk version of 2K10 is better than the Combine's version, but I doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worm91
I wouldn't mind a few tips, my dude looks like a freak from "the hills have eyes"
I managed to make my guy look shockingly like myself.

The key is to #1 not be vain. If you've got a big head, then you've got a big head. Secondly you need to look at the size ratio of your facial features and use "markers" for how things are placed.

For instance.

The sides of my mouth line up perfectly with the curve of my jaw. And the width of my nose corresponds to the edges of of my irises. The height of my nose is about in line with the lobes of my ears.

You use things like that to "line up" your face. I used a mirror when I was making my guy and I basically just drew mental lines across my facial features this gave me the proper placement and size ratio for everything.

Last edited by Hotobu; 08-29-2009 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Rookie

worm91's Arena

OVR: 3

ok. Thats an easy way of looking at it Hotobu . Might stick a photo of my face beside the screen and have a crack at that.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 25

I know its off topic, but for those that played DC, did the overall graphics improve from your eyes?? Never played it yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2009, 12:05 AM   #6
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

For the most part and what experience with so far I believed its very possible to create some very decent missing players once the season roll along. On my 3rd go around I was able to make a Joseph Forte ( '01 Draft pick by the Celtics).

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

this cap mode is 50 times better than 2k9. the only problem is its too deep and while its so much better it will take a lot longer to get the guys looking just right. i can see myself taking months now to finish just one historic roster rather than weeks. im pretty sure i wont be doing as many rosters for 2k10 as i did for 2k9, and i did about half as many for 2k9 as i did for 2k8.
Old 08-30-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandblazer
this cap mode is 50 times better than 2k9. the only problem is its too deep and while its so much better it will take a lot longer to get the guys looking just right. i can see myself taking months now to finish just one historic roster rather than weeks. im pretty sure i wont be doing as many rosters for 2k10 as i did for 2k9, and i did about half as many for 2k9 as i did for 2k8.
Just get some talented face sculptors to help you out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »