Home

Man, using retired player pics as Rookies in Assosciation mode is just STUPID!

This is a discussion on Man, using retired player pics as Rookies in Assosciation mode is just STUPID! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Man, using retired player pics as Rookies in Assosciation mode is just STUPID!

One of the most enjoyable aspects of ANY sports game for me has always been the offseason stuff. Recruiting, drafting, etc. So when I finally got the sliders where I wanted them, I was ready to start my Pacers Franchise.

So I played a few games, and quickly wanted to get to the NBA Draft and Free Agent Signings to check it out. Man, the Rookie Draft is just ridiculous.

What they have done is randomly generate players, but used recently retired/out of the league players pictures for these Rookies' pictures. And they must have only had about a dozen pictures to use cause you see the same players faces over and over. While other rookies do not have pictures at all.

When I went into the draft, there were like 8 players with Travis Best's Picture, about 10 Juwan Howards, 10 Kerry Kittles, and multiples of the other stiffs as well. This just drives me up the wall.

One of the top prospects was a 6-10 Power Forward and his picture was Travis Best. Being a huge basketball fan, I know that Travis Best was a 5-11 Point Guard and it just drives me crazy that this "random" character is supposed be anyone BUT Travis Best.

Then, there were 2 other "Travis Bests" in the top 10. I even had one prospect sitting there waiting for me to draft him, and I simply would not because he was "Juwan Howard". I can not trick myself into thinking this is some 20 year old rookie when his face is Juwan Howard, sorry!!

Sure, the players have random names and stuff, but It makes no sense why they could not use just pics of the created players face, or NO PICTURE AT ALL. Now my Assosciate, in its second season, has a bunch of Kerry Kittles, Juwan Howards, and Travis Bests running around.

They have done this for years, I know, but this is so annoying and has really ruined the Offseason stuff for me. Any true Basketball is not going to be fooled into thinking some guy named Bob Smith with a pic of Juwan Howard is not Juwan Howard.

It is annoying me so much. When I play a game, every 3rd team has a player that looks like one of the players above. It really takes you out of the experience and fun of the Offseason Modes.

Is there any way to turn off the Player Pics? I know you can edit Rookies, but can you just remove their pictures?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Man, using retired player pics as Rookies in Assosciation mode is just STUPID!

Yea I don't understand why they do that nonsense man. it is pure nonsense and I don't see why ythey just don't use a picture of the player's cyber face. I am with you here. I HATE looking at those generated pictures
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Man, using retired player pics as Rookies in Assosciation mode is just STUPID!

I thought the big hype with 2K was they make fake faces out of a combination of all the different player faces in the game? I must of just bought into it and not paid attention, but I do agree people always look alike and after 2 or 3 years I'd rather just have blank faces than 3 of the same guy in my starting lineup or whatever.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I don't see how that is something that deserves hype though. How would a feature like that turn anyone ON?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:24 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

Why not just use the cyberfaces? Same way they do for players like Hickson on the Cavs and Mason on the Spurs?

This part of the game is HORRIBLE. Makes me not even want to play many years in an association.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Why not just use the cyberfaces? Same way they do for players like Hickson on the Cavs and Mason on the Spurs?

This part of the game is HORRIBLE. Makes me not even want to play many years in an association.

Yeah, that is my complaint. If you are going to have 7 or 8 Juwan Howards, 7 or 8 Travis Bests, and 7 or 8 Kerry Kittles get drafted into the league every year, I see no reason to keep playing. It is going to ruin anything beyond the first season in Association Mode.

I too wish they would only use Cyber Faces. Heck, they should use Cyber Faces on ALL THE PLAYERS! I hope this is patched cause it is really killing the longevity of the game.

Is there a complaints/issues thread?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
Rookie

eyes of hazel's Arena

OVR: 2

I thought I was the only one.

They use the game generated face for players they didn't have a picture for (i.e. Gasol @ Memphis and Spieghts @ 76ers)...

So, there is really no excuse for this.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:47 PM   #8
Rookie

t216's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
Yea I don't understand why they do that nonsense man. it is pure nonsense and I don't see why ythey just don't use a picture of the player's cyber face. I am with you here. I HATE looking at those generated pictures
+1

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »