Home

ASSOCIATION!!!

This is a discussion on ASSOCIATION!!! within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 10-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
ASSOCIATION!!!

I have been a 2k series fan ever since 2k3 just because of the realism that this game brings to the table... gameplay and the association mode..

questions on association:

how are the progression? will teams practically have 4 players with 90 and above ratings just because you were able to draft players high and kept them and let them progress...

free agency: how is the free agency and just because you have the money will you be able to sign anyone or are there other factors which team a player chooses to play for?

how are the stats? from previous years, the draftees have unrealistic stats, where a shooting guard will be able to avg around 9 to 10 rebounds per game...

i heard about the coach tendencies which is great! props to 2k for that..

thx! any more impressions on the association of 2k9 will be appreciated
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: ASSOCIATION!!!

Yeah man, these are the same questions I have. I'm definitely sticking with College Hoops 2K8 until I read some answers.
Old 02-20-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know this is quite an old and perhaps uninteresting thread to bump - but the game has been out for some time now and the same questions still keep me from picking it up. Anyone care to share their experiences with this?
Old 02-20-2009, 05:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Progression is pretty good IMO, depending on the players' potentials, some players will develop into stars, role players, and busts as well. But it's realistic cuz 1st rounders can be busts, and if you scout out a really good 2nd rounder with good potential, they can become somewhat productive as well.

And from my experience in free agency, how good your team is also plays a big part. If your team sucks, or a player is unhappy, they'll decide to test free agency instead of simply resigning with you. And I've had a bunch of cases where players accepted an offer with less money to play on a winning team.

And draftees have pretty realistic stats, but sometimes I'll see players on the all rookie 2nd team averaging 2 pts/2 rebs a game. It's not a big issue tho, and overall, association is by far the best and most fun part of the game.

Hope that helps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »