Home

Sim-World Roster Project Sliders - CPU/CPU and Player Lock

This is a discussion on Sim-World Roster Project Sliders - CPU/CPU and Player Lock within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 01-13-2012, 02:22 AM   #1
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Sim-World Roster Project Sliders - CPU/CPU, Player Lock, User/CPU, and Coach Mode

VERSION 2 | Released on 2/29/2012 | GamerTag: McFlurry84 | Filename: Sim-World CPU/CPU v2

VERSION 2.1 | Released on 3/12/2012 | GamerTag: McFlurry84 | Filename: Sim-World Player Lock v2.1 HoF

NOTE: PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE SIM-WORLD ROSTERS IF YOU PLAN ON USING THESE SLIDERS.

NOTE: THE DIFFICULTY LEVEL IS SET TO HALL OF FAME TO GO WITH ALL OF THE SLIDERS.

Link to Sliders and Settings on Google Docs: SIM-WORLD GAMEPLAY SLIDERS AND SETTINGS

-----------------------------------

These sliders and settings go along with the Sim-World Rosters. These sliders will not produce the same results on the default rosters and/or any other custom rosters due to the extensive changes made to the Sim-World Rosters in Attributes, Tendencies, and Coach Profiles.

These sliders were designed for CPU/CPU, Coach Mode, and Player Lock modes of play, but the Player Lock sliders could also be used for standard User/CPU games.

Enjoy and please give as much feedback as possible to help improve the sliders for the future!

On 2KShare, the sliders are named "Sim-World CPU/CPU v2" and "Sim-World Player Lock v2.1 HoF" under my gamertag [McFlurry84].

CPU/CPU Settings
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Game Speed: 51
Player Speed: 52

Player Lock and User/CPU Settings
Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Game Speed: 52
Player Speed: 52
Free Throw Difficulty: 55
Defensive Assist Strength: 40

Last edited by youALREADYknow; 03-12-2012 at 07:49 PM. Reason: updated for v2.1 PL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Sim-World Roster Project Sliders - CPU/CPU and Player Lock

These look good. I've just started getting into Coach Mode and really enjoy it, so these will come in handy.
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
These look good. I've just started getting into Coach Mode and really enjoy it, so these will come in handy.
Great, the Coach Mode community always welcomes more members! We never get the same level of support as other modes of play, but there's still a few of us around.

Let me know if you have any frame rate issues with Player Speed at 56. I think it makes the pace more realistic in comparison to ball speed, but there have been certain games where I'll notice a frame skip or two similar to pre-patch. If anyone confirms that issue, then it can go back to 54 like it's set in the User game settings.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Been looking forward to this roster! Just tested these out in coach mode for my Suns Association. First game verse the Thunder, here were the stats:

Suns / Thunder
Points 91 / 115
FG 35/99 (35%) / 45/98 (45%)
3P 10/26 (38%) / 7/23 (30%)
FT 11/15 (73%) / 18/22 (81%)
Assists 18 / 31
TOs 5 /2
Reb 53 / 64
Steals 0 / 4
Blocks 6 / 4
Fouls 13 / 10

Top Performers
Thunder
Westbrook 21 pts, 6 reb, 10 ast, 1 st
Durant 17 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast
Sefolosha 16 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast, 1 st

Suns
Hill 20 pts, 2 reb, 3 ast, 1 blk
Morris 11 pts, 11 reb
Brown 10 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast
Nash 9 pts, 3 reb, 6 ast

Summary
We (Suns) were only down 3 at half time (Grant Hill hit a jumper at the buzzer that was reviewed by the refs, first time I'd seen this, pretty awesome! Then in the 3rd quarter, the Thunder torched us 37-17. Suns couldn't hit anything and weren't getting back on D so the Thunder had a ton of FB points. Nash was also cold all game going 4-16, and was a huge defensive liability getting carved up by whoever he was guarding (often Sefelosha). Most of the 4th quarter was garbage minutes for the bench players.

Impressions
Overall, it was really fun to watch/coach. My biggest observation was the lack of turnovers and fouls, as well as the inflated FG and Rebound totals. Could be because both teams are high tempo, but 64 rebounds seems a bit too high. Also, 0 steals for the Suns stood out.

Looking forward to the next game, I'll make sure to post my results.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Thanks for the feedback and keep posting game results if you can. I admittedly had less time than I would have liked to go in the lab with the final rosters and get sim stats as close as possible but I'm also seeing the lower turnovers and slightly lower foul totals. I wasn't seeing 95+ FGA per game but will keep an eye out for that. I think that I'm going to change the recommended Player Speed back to 54 since its a smoother experience and helps lower pace to a more realistic level.

I already have a few changes to test over the next week and should be able to get a slightly revised set out by the end of next week. Any feedback would be great until then.

Also, do you play with Call Plays to Manual or Auto in Coach Mode? I play with Manual and use the Run Best Play from the D-Pad or one of the Quick Play choices when I want to run something particular in the half court or slow tempo. Just wondering because I was thinking about putting together a Coach Mode guide for the community.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
Rookie

I actually played that game with player set at 50, I'll try it at 54 and see if it plays any different (I had all of the other sliders and settings set as you have suggested).

For coach mode, I was playing with it on Auto Play Call since 2K doesn't give you the ability to call the diverse set of plays, only best play or one of the quick plays (super lame), however, I didn't realize that this means they call a player every time down (I just read this in one of your other posts). I'm gonna try another game right now on Manual, and call best play when I want to run a play, but also let the Suns freelance a lot of the time too because that is one of their strengths.

I'm about to try these out with Suns (me) vs the Bucks. I'll post my results after the game.
Old 01-14-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
Rookie

Just played coach mode, Suns (me) vs Bucks. Here were the stats:

Suns / Bucks
75 / 96
FG 31/89 (34%) / 40/88 (45%)
3P 5/27 (18%) / 6/25 (24%)
FT 8/11 (72%) / 10/14 (71%)
Ast 20 / 26
TO 9 / 8
Fouls 8 / 13
Reb 48 / 59
Stl 4 / 8
Blk 2 / 2

Top Performers
Suns
Redd 15 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast, 1 blk
Nash 14 pts, 3 reb, 4 ast, 1 st
Hill 12 pts, 6 reb, 1 ast

Bucks
Ilyasova 20 pts, 9 reb, 4 ast, 1 blk
Jackson 18 pts, 7 reb, 5 ast, 3 st
Gooden 16 pts, 11 reb, 1 ast
Jennings 13 pts, 4 reb, 7 ast, 1 st

Summary
Wow, so far the Suns have been the tale of 2 halfs. We were up by 2 at half time, then got outscored by 13 in the 3rd quarter (only scored 11 points). Michael Redd was the only person who could score (he didn't miss a shot), but then he went down with a back injury in the 3rd quarter. After that no one on the Suns could buy a bucket. Channing Frye shot 2-15. We got within 7 points with 6 minutes left, then allowed Ilysova and Jennings to drain back to back wide open three pointers which pretty much sealed the deal. I'm gonna have to figure out how to get more production in the 3rd quarter.

Impressions
Game was frustrating (but still very fun), as it felt like a real coach trying to figure out the right mix of players with this Suns team (much like in real life). It's very frustrating not having more control over play calling though. I would've like to have drawn more plays up for Redd as he was on fire, but I only have the best play and quick plays available.

Fouls again seemed low, rebounds were again a little high. Turnovers/steals were better (maybe due to adjusting higher player speed?). Also, one observation is that Nash doesn't seem to run the pick and roll that well. I haven't seen one play where he hits a big man rolling to the basket for a layup/dunk (something he's pretty good at in real life).

Next game is vs. the Clippers.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Also, one observation is that Nash doesn't seem to run the pick and roll that well. I haven't seen one play where he hits a big man rolling to the basket for a layup/dunk (something he's pretty good at in real life).
This was one of the sacrifices we had to make since we couldn't expand playbooks beyond the original number of plays per team. We had to choose between giving the Suns good Pick-N-Pop plays or good Pick-N-Roll plays and basically chose PnP. Once we release the expanded playbooks in the next release (up to 50 plays per team) then one of the top priorities was finding more 51/15 roll plays to attack the basket with Nash. I think you'll enjoy the diversity of P&R and how realistic the Suns offense will play with the next release.

Everything else looks good but I'm also wondering why the User team seems to be consistently 8-10% lower on FG% and 3-5 steals per game lower than the CPU. The lower FG% is the reason for the CPU having 10 more defensive rebounds per game. Are you using the CPU/CPU or Player Lock sliders for the Coach Mode games?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »