Home

HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

This is a discussion on HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project within the NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #81
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: HyperBaller/DC NBA 2k13 Signature Skills Project

Dimer is a much better choice for Calderon than what i suggested!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2012, 06:36 AM   #82
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
Thad Young: Can you provide any video evidence for him having Chase down blocks?

Joel Anthony + Ryan Hollins: Can you provide Eraser evidence? We didn't base that off of blocks per game we based it off of getting highlight blocks at the rim. Joel and Ryan will have proficient block ratings to represent their skill. But to get a skill from it is in question.
I'll see what I can find.

What about Carmelo Anthony (Closer) and Blake Griffin (Scrapper)?
Old 09-16-2012, 07:53 AM   #83
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman
Dimer is a much better choice for Calderon than what i suggested!
I was just thinking that. Good call i say!
Old 09-16-2012, 09:43 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 3

I think this is a good thread and things to create.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #85
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Hyper!

I was wondering If James Johnson qualified for maybe a Hustle or maybe Interceptor ability?...I thought he was good on defensive side of things last season for Toronto.

He might not have the quickness to be an Elite defender or even a Lockdown defender but he gets blocks and steals and he does change the momentum of a game sometimes - possibly not enough to qualify him for an ability tho?

also would Amir Johnson qualify for the Hustle Abilty?...

Hope i don't come across as an "unrealistic Raptor fan" ...But i thought those 2 players did more in real life than what their ratings allowed them to do in NBA2k12...
I thought it was a shame JJ got traded in the end!.

Last edited by Matty Aqua; 09-17-2012 at 05:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 10:29 AM   #86
Rookie

I believe your criteria for spot-up shooter is WAY too strict, and I don't think it should only apply to 3pt shooters, especially considering your description says 12-28 feet. By your current standards, only a few guys who actually played in more than half the games last season will have this skill. I mean, do you really want to exclude James Jones because he "only" shot 40.4% from 3, or Kurt Thomas because he doesn't shoot from beyond the arc? These guys (and more) are defined on the offensive end by their spot-up shooting and not much else.

37.5 from 3, 45% from 10-23 feet, and 75% assisted will keep it exclusive without excluding more than half the players that deserve it.

Last edited by Streaky McFloorburn; 09-17-2012 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #87
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaky McFloorburn
I believe your criteria for spot-up shooter is WAY too strict, and I don't think it should only apply to 3pt shooters, especially considering your description says 12-28 feet. By your current standards, only a few guys who actually played in more than half the games last season will have this skill. I mean, do you really want to exclude James Jones because he "only" shot 40.4% from 3, or Kurt Thomas because he doesn't shoot from beyond the arc? These guys (and more) are defined on the offensive end by their spot-up shooting and not much else.

37.5 from 3, 45% from 10-23 feet, and 75% assisted will keep it exclusive without excluding more than half the players that deserve it.
I see your point. This is something that has to be tested once the game comes out.

1) Lowering the 3pt % criteria is highly in consideration. Lowering assisted FG to 75 may be too low. We will see though.

2) The Sig Skill description does say from 12-24 feet according to 2k. The problem I see (if I understand this correctly) is that this gives a boost to a players 3pt rating if they catch and shoot from a standstill position. I'm not sure if I want that for non 3pt shooters. But I will look into it.

Thanks
Old 09-17-2012, 11:43 AM   #88
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperballer21
I see your point. This is something that has to be tested once the game comes out.

1) Lowering the 3pt % criteria is highly in consideration. Lowering assisted FG to 75 may be too low. We will see though.

2) The Sig Skill description does say from 12-24 feet according to 2k. The problem I see (if I understand this correctly) is that this gives a boost to a players 3pt rating if they catch and shoot from a standstill position. I'm not sure if I want that for non 3pt shooters. But I will look into it.

Thanks
That's not what it means.It reduces the penalty if you don't have a good release.If you use a player that is a good spot up shooter,but you can't time their release right they still have a chance to make the shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Rosters »